- Fingerprint scanner is slow
- Tons of pre-installed apps
- No headphone jack
- High price tag
Sitting at the top of Samsung's 2020 high-end phone lineup, the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra represents the best the company has to offer. But it also comes with one of the highest price tags in mobile history.
When compared to the standard S20, the extra price on the S20 Ultra affords you:
- A larger 6.9-inch display
- Improved 5G support (mmWave)
- A larger 5,000mAh battery good for more than a day of usage with no problems
- A different camera array featuring a 108MP/48MP/12MP triple-lens arrangement
Reviewers found the upgraded camera the most noticeable difference. However, whether that was a good thing is debatable. While Samsung touts a massive 100x digital zoom on the phone, reviewers found anything over 30x nearly impossible to use without a tripod. More so, while the ultrawide sensor, time-of-flight sensor, and nine-pixel binning 108MP lens offered flexibility in creating interesting shots, reviewers weren't sure it was worth the additional price over the standard S20 or improved S20+.
Otherwise, you'll find identical specs and features in the smaller Galaxy S20. Be sure to check our Samsung Galaxy S20 review for more on what to expect with this new release.
Prices (Where to Buy)
Ask the Community
No questions for the moment.