The company behind the custom Android UI known as MIUI has just launched their latest flagship handset in China. Officially dubbed the Xiaomi MI-2, it comes with Qualcomm's quad-core S4 Pro processor clocked at 1.5GHz and the latest version of the Android software, Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean. A quick glance at the Xiaomi MI-2's spec sheet should be just enough to tell most anyone that this phone is a beast. It also features 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage, an 8-megapixel camera, and a 4.3-inch 720p HD IPS touchscreen LCD. But perhaps the best thing about it is that it is going to be priced at a mere $310 once it finally arrives in late October. You may have to import it from all the way out in China to get one, though.
What Else You Need To Know:
- Xiaomi's MIUI for Android is still in use today, most notably for Amazon's Kindle Fire Android tablet computer.
- Xiaomi handset sales are limited to Asian regions so even though the MI-2 supports CDMA networks like that of AT&T, it may be necessary to find out how to order it from overseas.
This is silicone at its finest, folks.- Chris Chavez, Phandroid
Xiaomi Announces MI-TWO: Jelly Bean, S4 Pro Quad-Core Processor, 2GB RAM, and MIUI Custom UI For Only $315
The big announcement came with the full fledged follow up to the original MIUI phone — the all new Mi-Two.
- Xiaomi Phone 2 now official: 4.3-inch 720p IPS, quad core and Jelly Bean for just $310
- GSM Arena
New Xiaomi Mi-Two handset is first ever with quad-core Krait
Hold on to your hats folks, Xiaomi just announced the Xiaomi Mi-Two - the first ever handset to use the Qualcomm Snapdragon APQ8064 S4 Pro chipset, which blew current mobile chipsets out of the water in early benchmarks.
- Tech Ticker
- Xiaomi unveils MI-2 with quad-core CPU, 2GB RAM and $314 Price Tag
- MIUI Mi-2: 1.5 GHz Quad Core, 2 GB RAM, 4.3″ Retina Display – $313 USD.
- Phone Arena
Xiaomi Phone 2 announced - the first with quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro tops Quadrant, is just $310
The specs are literally breathtaking, as the Xiaomi Phone 2 indeed utilizes the rumored quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro APQ8064 chipset, which is so powerful, that it is actually intended for tablet use.
- Android Police
- Xiaomi Phone 2 Announced, Packs Quad-Core S4 CPU, 4.3" 720p Display, MIUI, And A $310 Price Tag
- New Xiaomi MI-2 Phone announced: Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, HD screen, 2GB of RAM, quad-core S4 CPU
- Xiaomi Announces MI-TWO, An Absolutely Awesome Android Device For A Great Price
- GSM Dome
Xiaomi Phone 2 Features Quad Core Krait CPU, 4.3 Inch 720p IPS Display and Jelly Bean
The device is surprisingly enough powered by Qualcomm’s hottest and latest chip, the APQ8064, a quad core 28 nm SoC solution at 1.5 GHz.
- Xiaomi Mi-Two Announced — Quad-Core Krait, 2GB RAM, 8MP Camera For $310!
- Xiaomi Phone 2 unveiled as quad-core beast with Jelly Bean for just $310
- Droid Life
- Xiaomi Unveils “Mi-Two” Android Superphone, Could Launch for Just $310
- Into Mobile
Xiaomi Phone 2 announced, sports 4.3-inch 720p display, quad-core S4 chip, and MIUI
With these kind of specs, you would think the asking price would be somewhere above the $500 mark (USD), but you’d be wrong.
- Mobile Magazine
Xiaomi Phone 2 Quad Core Jelly Bean Revealed for $310
Even though Xiaomi may not be a household name, the Xiaomi Phone 2 comes packed with some respectable names inside.
- Xiaomi MI2 Phone Goes Official with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and 1.5 GHz Quad-Core CPU
Xiaomi MI-TWO Android Smartphone
The Xiaomi MI-TWO runs on the Google Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system.