Verizon has launched a Mobile Security app for Android based on McAfee to ensure that its devices don't suffer from "the same security and privacy threats that plague laptops and desktops." This makes it the first carrier to ever introduce an official way to combat viruses and malware on the Android front for its own line of mobile computers. Outside of the free version, pricing starts at $1.99 per month.
What Else You Need To Know
- Verizon's Mobile Security app is available for devices running Android 2.1 and higher.
We are skeptical about the need to pay a company like McAfee to protect a device, especially when the same company is the one issuing the reports that conjure up fear of malware in the first place.- Kevin Krause, Phandroid
- Verizon launches Mobile Security app for Android as antivirus companies target carriers
- Mobility Digest
- Verizon Wireless Launches Mobile Security App for Android
- Android Police
- Verizon Launches Mobile Security App Powered By Asurion And McAfee, With Suspiciously High 4.7 Star Rating
- Verizon partners with McAfee to offer Mobile Security app to subscribers
- Droid Life
- Verizon Releases Mobile Security App, Wipe and Track Your Phone for $2 a Month
- Venture Beat
- Verizon gets serious about mobile security with new Android app
- Android Community
- Verizon and McAfee launch mobile security app for Verizon customers