HTC is directly selling an unlocked version of the HTC One via its Web Store. The $574.99 price tag for the 32GB version makes the device substantially cheaper than the market leading iPhone 5, which is being sold contract-free for $649 (16GB model) and $749 (32GB). The unlocked HTC One will have all the same software features as the other versions of the phone without all the pre-loaded carriers' apps.
What Else You Need To Know
- The HTC One features a 4-MP "ultrapixel" camera that gathers 300 percent more light, a Qualcomm quad-core Snapdragon 600 clocked at 1.7GHz, and a Sense 5.0 interface over the Android 4.1 operating system, and is set to be released in 80 countries.
- The HTC One is available at three of four major U.S. carriers starting at $199.99 on a two-year contract.
- HTC is also selling the HTC One Developer Edition, a carrier-unlocked 64GB version of the phone with an unlocked bootloader for custom ROMs.
For the lower price users get twice the total storage capacity in what is arguably the best Android phone on the market.- Shawn Ingram, GottaBeMobile
HTC’s sales strategy this time around with the One is a full-court press, with traditional sales via carriers supplemented out of the starting gate with off-contract sales from its own web-based retail presence.- Darrell Etherington, Mobile Crunch
- Unlocked HTC One, including Developer Edition, available for order from HTC
- Unlocked HTC One available for $574.99, no contract required
- Unlocked HTC One 32GB now available for $575, direct from HTC
- Mobile Crunch
- HTC Now Offers 32GB Unlocked HTC One Via Its Web Store
- HTC offering unlocked HTC One for $575
- Unlocked HTC One now officially available in the US for $574.99
- Unlocked HTC One On Sale for $575 in U.S.
- Get an unlocked HTC One from the HTC Online Store