T-Mobile USA has confirmed that it will carry mobile devices from Apple next year. Deutsche Telekom, the parent of T-Mobile said it has signed an agreement to offer Apple mobile devices that are compatible with its network. T-Mobile has been expanding its 3G network this year and is expected to launch its LTE network next year. In 2013, Apple is expected to unveil successors to the iPhone 5, the fourth generation iPad, and the first-generation iPad mini.
What Else You Need To Know
- Although it's not yet selling the iPhone in official capacity, T-Mobile has been offering data plans for unlocked iPhones.
- It's currently unclear which products the new deal will cover -- whether it's the iPad, iPhone or both.
- Sprint, AT&T and Verizon are already carrying both the iPhone and iPad.
- While the carriers are selling the iPhone 5 for $199 on a two-year contract, a contract-free and unlocked version of the entry-level 16GB iPhone 5 is being sold by Apple for $649.
This is great news for T-Mobile as the carrier has often blamed its declining subscribers on Apple's unwillingness to include make the iPhone compatible with its network.- Steven Kovach, Alley Insider
While the two companies have not explicitly given specifics on which Apple devices we can expect to see in a retail store near you, we wouldn't be surprised to see new products from Cupertino hitting the shelves around the same time as the fourth-largest US carrier's LTE launch in 2013.- Brad Molen, Engadget
T-Mobile USA and Apple teaming up to offer products together in 2013
You may want to sit down, T-Mobile folk, because we've got some news for you today that could be big.
- Breaking: T-Mobile USA And Apple Have Reached An Agreement To Sell Apple Products
T-Mobile To Start Selling Apple Products In 2013 (AAPL, DT)
This is great news for T-Mobile as the carrier has often blamed its declining subscribers on Apple's unwillingness to include make the iPhone compatible with its network.
T-Mobile and Apple sign agreement to launch products in 2013
Dreams can come true, folks: T-Mobile and Apple have entered an agreement and will be launching products beginning next year.
T-Mobile to finally get the iPhone: DT CEO says Apple products will launch in 2013
In line with earlier reports, Deutsche Telekom CEO Rene Obermann has confirmed that its subsidiary T-Mobile USA will launch Apple (AAPL) products in 2013.
- 9to5 Mac
Apple and T-Mobile USA partner up to sell products in 2013
Deutsche Telecom also notes that this new agreement with Apple would affect the company’s cash flow:
T-Mobile USA Getting Some Apple Mobile Products Next Year
T-Mobile has been taking a number of steps to make its US network more iPhone friendly.
T-Mobile to sell Apple products in 2013
T-Mobile USA has just announced that it'll finally bring Apple products to market in 2013, making it the last major carrier in the US to do so.
- Apple Insider
- T-Mobile USA announces deal to begin selling Apple products in 2013
- T-Mobile USA to launch Apple products in 2013, likely including the iPhone
- iPhone Download Blog
- T-Mobile confirms: we will start selling Apple products in 2013
- Phone Scoop
- T-Mobile USA to Sell Apple Products in 2013
- Mobile Burn
- T-Mobile USA confirms it will sell Apple devices
- Everything iCafe
- T-Mobile Finally To Get Apple Products in 2013
- Mobile Crunch
- T-Mobile Announces Agreement With Apple, Likely To Offer The iPhone, iPad Or Both In 2013
- T-Mobile iPhone Release Date Looks Good for 2013
- Venture Beat
- T-Mobile will get some Apple devices next year — avoids mentioniong iPhone, iPad for now
- Fierce Wireless
- T-Mobile USA to carry Apple products in 2013
- T-Mobile CEO: “Apple products in the US in 2013″
- The Loop
- ∞ Apple confirms T-Mobile getting products in 2013
- Mobile Magazine
Apple Devices like the iPhone 5 are Officially Coming to T-Mobile in 2013
You have to wonder at least a little why the iPhone is coming now.
- T-Mobile gets the iPhone — will Android take a back seat?
- T-Mobile Will Start Selling Apple Products Next Year
- As we expected, no T-Mobile iPhone, but Apple holds out hope for 2013
- T-Mobile to carry Apple products starting next year
- Not a Rumor: T-Mobile Is Getting Apple ‘Products’
- iPhone Hacks
- T-Mobile USA Will Finally Start Selling Apple Products in 2013
- Mobile Syrup
- T-Mobile will start selling Apple products in 2013: what this means for Canada
- T-Mobile to Start Selling Apple Products in 2013
- T-Mobile USA confirms plans for Apple sales in 2013
- T-Mobile Announces Agreement With Apple; Products Shipping in 2013
- Phone Arena
- T-Mobile announces it will carry Apple products in 2013
- Into Mobile
- T-Mobile USA to start selling Apple products in 2013
- T-Mobile Confirms Plans To Start Selling Apple Devices Next Year
- T-Mobile USA and Apple enter an agreement to launch products in 2013
- Daily Mobile
- T-Mobile USA will sell Apple products next year
- T-Mobile CEO says iPhone will finally put an end to subscriber exodus
- Hot Cellular Phone
- T-Mobile USA to Sell Apple Products in 2013
- T-Mobile USA Plans to Introduce Apple Products in 2013