Android smartphone users who are not fond of the stock Android keyboard will soon be able to have a much better typing experience with the help of a little something called SwiftKey Flow. It's a gesture-based solution from SwiftKey, a primary Swype competitor, that allows users to simply swipe their fingers on the screen and still type out words legibly. In case you didn't know, Swype is a popular third-party keyboard for Android that automagically translates seemingly random swipes on its keys into actual words. It already comes pre-loaded in many newer Android-powered devices. This move by SwiftKey is seen as an attempt to dethrone the current virtual keyboard king in the world of smartphones. SwiftKey Flow will be in its beta testing phase in a few weeks.
What Else You Need To Know
- Those interested in participating in SwiftKey Flow's beta testing stage may sign up through the company's web site.
- SwitfKey is one of the most downloaded apps on Google Play, with downloads topping at 15 million at $4 per download.
Oh boy, the folks from Swype sure have some serious competition now.- Cory Gunther, Android Community
On our various stints with Android we always make certain to install Swiftkey 3. It is hands down the best keyboard on Android.- Mike Norris, Gadgetsteria
SwiftKey Flow keyboard takes the fight to Swype with predictive gestures (video)
SwiftKey must be keen to finish its bout with Swype, as it just went for the knockout.
- Android Police
SwiftKey Introduces 'SwiftKey Flow' - A Swype-Like Take On The Mind-Reading Keyboard
A nice perk for Android users is an array of other software keyboards. Don't like stock? Don't sweat it.
- Mobile Crunch
From Typing To Gliding And Back Again: SwiftKey Touchscreen Keyboard Maker Adds Swype-Style Input, Calls It SwiftKey Flow
It’s a tale of two increasingly similar touchscreen keyboards.
- Venture Beat
Swiftkey adds Swype-like gestures to its Android keyboard. Swell!
With today’s update, SwiftKey Flow, you can use Swype-like gestures.
- Android Community
- SwiftKey Flow announced – brings the keyboard battle to Swype
- Swiftkey Flow Brings Swype-Like Input To Popular 3rd Party Keyboard.
- Phone Scoop
- Swiftkey Flow Adds Support for Tracing Words
- Phone Arena
- SwiftKey flow brings Swype-like keyboard coming to Android
- Fone Arena
- SwiftKey Flow for Android with gliding input and real-time prediction coming soon
- Area Cellphone
- Top Android Keyboard App SwiftKey Brings Swype Features To Beat Competition
- Mobile Burn
- SwiftKey announces SwiftKey Flow gesture keyboard to take on Swype
- SwiftKey Flow Combines The Power Of Swype With SwiftKey’s Prediction System
- SwiftKey Flow brings trace-typing to predictable keyboard [VIDEO]
- Droid Life
- Swiftkey Introduces Swiftkey Flow, a Gliding and Predicting Typing Experience
- SwiftKey Flow keyboard to add swipe-based predictive typing to challenge Swype
- SwiftKey Adds Swype-Style Predictive Gestures Input – Refers To It As SwiftKey Flow
- Swype competitor SwiftKey Flow beta coming soon
- Mobile Syrup
- SwiftKey Flow coming soon to Android phones, aims to out-swipe Swype
- Swiftkey’s New Flow Keyboard Emulates Swype, Still Looks Awesome
- SwiftKey Flow Adds Swype-like Gestures
- Android Guys
- SwiftKey announces SwiftKey Flow, featuring Swype-esque input