As part of its plan to provide 4G LTE network coverage to most of its customers before the end of 2012, Sprint has announced over 20 new locations where 4G speeds are now available. The newly added 4G markets include San Francisco, Napa, Joplin, Redwood City, and San Mateo. Sprint aims to continue rolling out 4G LTE network coverage to more locations in the coming months, and is expected to further add to the list of 24 markets that it covers already.
What Else You Need To Know
- Sprint plans on reaching up to 100 new 4G LTE markets by the end of 2012.
Eventually, Sprint plans to have its LTE network's coverage match that of its current 3G network, though it will take a few years before that happens.- Dan Seifert, The Verge
- Phone Scoop
Sprint Names More Than 20 New LTE Markets
Sprint today annnounced the names of 20 markets that will have access to its LTE 4G network in the coming months.
Sprint to launch 4G LTE in San Francisco, 21 other new markets in coming months
Sprint is expanding its nascent 4G LTE network even further in the coming months.
Sprint names over 20 more markets where work on its 4G LTE network is underway
Sprint has announced another handful of towns where work on its LTE network has gotten underway.
- Mobile Burn
- Sprint adds San Francisco and 21 other cities to list of upcoming LTE markets
- Sprint Reveals 20+ New LTE Markets Going Live “Soon”
- Dialed In
Sprint LTE trudges ahead to San Francisco, 21 other markets
The carrier, well off the pace set by Verizon and AT&T, says the deployment will happen "in the coming months."
- Android Police
- Sprint Promises LTE Coverage For San Francisco, 21 Other Cities 'In The Coming Months'
- Sprint announces 20 additional markets for LTE in the coming months
- Phone Arena
- 22 more locations to be covered with Sprint's LTE
- Droid Life
- Sprint 4G LTE Coming to 20 More Cities in the Coming Months
- Sprint Bringing 4G LTE to San Francisco And 21 Other Cities Soon
- Sprint Adds 4G LTE to San Francisco and Other Cities “in the Coming Months”
- Sprint Launching LTE In 21 More Markets
- Into Mobile
- Sprint to launch LTE in 22 new markets in the coming months
Sprint bringing LTE to San Francisco and over 20 more cities 'in coming months'
We can't say we're exactly surprised Sprint would be bringing its 4G LTE waves to one of the biggest markets on the West Coast.