Sony has just announced that today marks the beginning of its global Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade rollout for the Sony Xperia S, one of its many available smartphones in the Android market. Users of the Sony Xperia S can expect to receive a notification to download the software update over-the-air (OTA) in order to upgrade their phones to the penultimate version of Android. Those who are in certain regions where OTA updates will not be available can simply use Sony's companion desktop software to access the software package. The update will be rolled out from today through the next few weeks.
What Else You Need To Know:
- Sony promises that upgrades for its other Xperia-branded Android smartphones will be available in the near future.
It’s unclear if the Sony Xperia P will get Android 4.1 Jelly Bean though Sony has said that it is evaluating updates for its current Xperia devices.- Adam Mills, GottaBeMobile
- The Inquirer
- Sony Xperia P gets Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
Sony Xperia P Android 4.0 update begins rolling out
Sony has also updated its Android application suite, with the Music (now called Walkman), Movies, and Gallery apps receiving visual and functional updates.
- Fone Arena
- Sony Xperia P Android 4.0 update starts rolling out, update for Xperia U, Sola and Go soon
- Android Police
Ice Cream Sandwich Rollout Begins For The Sony Xperia P, Coming "Shortly" For The Xperia sola, Xperia go And Xperia U
According to a post on the Sony Mobile blog, the upgrade process is beginning today and continuing globally "over the next few weeks", so if you're an Xperia P owner, keep an eye out for any upgrade notifications on your phone.
- Mobile Burn
- Sony Xperia P Android 4.0 update starts today, three more Xperia models are next in line
- Phones Review
- Xperia P ICS update roll out begins
- Phone Arena
- Sony Xperia P Android ICS update rolling out - Xperia U, sola and go to follow
- Ice Cream Sandwich rolling out globally to Sony Xperia P
- Sony Rolls Out Android 4.0 ICS Update for Xperia P
- Sony starts pushing Android 4.0 update to Xperia P owners, Xperia U and more coming soon
Sony rolls out Android 4.0 ICS update for Xperia P
A global rollout of the ICS update can be expected over the next few weeks, so it pays to be patient.
- Sony Xperia P Android 4.0 update now rolling out
- Know Your Mobile
- Sony rolls out Android Ice Cream Sandwich for Xperia P handsets
- GSM Arena
- Sony Xperia P Ice Cream Sandwich update rolling out now
- Hot Cellular Phone
Update on Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 software upgrade for 2012 Xperia smartphones
All Xperia P users will get a notification when the upgrade is ready, but direct availability in the phone may vary across different markets and carriers.
- Sony releases Android 4.0 upgrade for Xperia P
- Sony Starts ICS Update Roll-Out For Xperia P
- Sony Xperia P Ice Cream Sandwich Update Starts to Roll Out
Sony Xperia P Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update now rolling out
The rollout for the Xperia P is generally expected to be over-the-air, but in some cases it may be necessary to use Sony desktop software on a computer to install it.
- Tech Ticker
- Sony starts rolling out Android 4.0 update for Xperia P
- Sony Rolls Out Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Update For The Xperia P
- Into Mobile
Sony begins ICS (Android 4.0) roll out on Xperia P handsets
Sony has started to roll out your update to Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0) ahead of schedule.
- Dialed In
- Sony Xperia P gets a serving of Ice Cream Sandwich
Sony rolling out Android 4.0 update for Xperia P
Users can expect the full Android 4.0 experience, including a new lock screen, updated settings menu, new multi-tasking controls and more.