Sony has just announced the US availability of the Xperia Tipo and Xperia Tipo Dual Android smartphones. Both feature 800MHz Qualcomm Snapdragon CPUs, 3.2-inch HVGA touchscreen displays, 3.2MP cameras, and 2.5GB internal storage which can be expanded further with microSD cards. Their standard wireless connectivity options include Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and GPS with A-GPS. The Xperia Tipo is priced $179 while the Xperia Tipo Dual, which supports dual-SIM technology, is priced $189. Both models are available unlocked.
What Else You Need To Know
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich will be running as the default OS on both devices.
It’s not very often that Sony’s smartphones are offered by U.S. carriers, which means you usually have to pony up a few Benjamins if you fancy one of its handsets. But now the company is offering a couple of wallet-friendly options.- All Things Digital, Bonnie Cha
the pair of Xperias may be sold most often as travel-only phones for the jet set.- Jon Fingas, Engadget
- Phone Scoop
Sony Offering Dual-SIM Xperia Tipo to U.S. Consumers
Sony Mobile today announced the U.S. availability of both the Xperia Tipo and the Tipo Dual.
Sony Xperia tipo dual
The Sony Xperia tipo dual unlike the Xperia tipo is only available for pre-order as of today.
- Sony Brings Unlocked Xperia Tipo, Tipo Dual Smartphones to U.S., for Cheap
- Sony Starts Selling Unlocked, Beginner-Friendly Xperia tipo
- Sony Xperia tipo and tipo dual reach the US in unlocked form, give Americans a taste of dual SIMs
- Sony Xperia Tipo and Xperia Tipo Dual now available in the US unlocked
- Sony to offer Xperia tipo and tipo dual in US unlocked