PlayStation Mobile will finally become available for Android users starting October 3rd, according to information coming from Sony itself. The first devices that are expected to fully take advantage of PlayStation Mobile as a service are none other than the PlayStation Certified Android devices which include several models in the Sony Xperia lineup. Other manufacturers that will have PlayStation Certified devices in the future include Asus, Sharp, WikiPad, Fujitsu, and HTC.
What Else You Need To Know
- PlayStation Mobile will initially launch with 30 titles.
- The primary launch countries for PlayStation Mobile include Japan, USA, UK, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and Australia.
It will be interesting to see what the games are, especially those developed by Sony and other major game development studios.- Simon Hill, Android Authority
Sony’s new PlayStation Mobile content coming to Xperia handheld
Sony will be giving developers the tools they need to develop and publish their own games for distribution in PlayStation Mobile.
PlayStation Mobile with 30 games comes to Android on October 3
It’s basically a section in the PlayStation Store which Sony will use to sell a hand-picked selection of “bite-sized games” for Android smartphones and tablets.
- Phone Scoop
- Sony's PlayStation Mobile Store to Open October 3
- Hot Cellular Phone
- PlayStation Mobile right around the corner – launching October 3rd
- Mobile Syrup
- PlayStation Mobile to launch in Canada on October 3rd with 30 titles
- Sony Playstation Mobile to go live on October 3