A Samsung executive has confirmed that a more rugged variant of the Galaxy S4 in the coming weeks. Samsung President of Gulf region Young Soo Kim said at a press event that Samsung plans to introduce a waterproof and dustproof variant of the flagship Android phone in the near future. The Galaxy S4 is one of the most anticipated handsets this year, with the original version slated to be launch in 155 countries starting on April 26.
What Else You Need To Know
- The Samsung Galaxy S4 features a 5-inch Super OLED screen with a whopping 441 ppi resolution, 1.9GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 CPU (U.S. version) or eight-core Samsung Exynos 1.6GHz CPU (international version), 2GB of RAM, a removable 2600 mAh battery, 13MP and 2MP cameras, NFC, 4G, and Android Jelly Bean 4.2.1 with Samsung's TouchWiz user interface and "Smart" software.
This is the first we’ve heard of such a device and while many smartphones today have water-resistant coatings, a “waterproof” GALAXY S 4 sure would be nice.- Cory Gunther, Android Community
It’s unlikely the west will see a ruggedized GS4, if it does exist, as the demand is likely too low to justify the distribution and marketing costs.- Daniel Bader, Mobile Syrup
- Samsung exec: Waterproof and dustproof Samsung Galaxy S4 could arrive in the coming weeks
- Samsung may soon release a waterproof Galaxy S4
- Geeky Gadgets
- Dust And Waterproof Samsung Galaxy S4 In The Works
- Samsung Galaxy S4: Waterproof, more-rugged variant also planned
- Android Community
- Improved GALAXY S 4 model to be waterproof and dustproof
- Mobile Syrup
- Samsung may launch a waterproof, ruggedized Galaxy S4 this year
- New Samsung Galaxy S4 to be waterproof and dustproof