Google partnered with the Samsung for Galaxy Nexus (first smartphone with Android Ice Cream Sandwich), then tied up with Asus for the top Android tablet Nexus 7 (first with Jelly Bean), and now reportedly with Samsung for a 10-inch version of the Nexus tablet. NPD DisplaySearch's Richard Shim, citing "supply chain indications", says that the new Nexus would have a 10.1-inch display and would sport a super high-resolution display that tops Apple's third-generation iPad. The 10-inch Nexus will have a 2,560 x 1,600 display, which gives 299 pixels per inch, compared with the highly touted 2,048 x 1,536, 264 PPI on the 9.7-inch Retina iPad.
What Else You Need To Know
- NPD's Richard Shim also confirmed that Google is working on a successor to the $199 Nexus 7 that will be sold for half the price.
I hate to say it, but DigiTimes lists “supply chain sources” on a daily basis and we balk at them all of the time.- Kellex , Droid Life
Google elected to price the Nexus 7 at a price point that barely breaks even. If the Nexus 10 is priced in a similar manner, combined with high-end specs, it could prove to be a major contender in the tablet market.- Brittany Hillen, Android Community
- Into Mobile
Rumors: Samsung Creating Super High-Res Nexus 10-Inch Tablet, $99 Nexus Tablet Coming Too
This will be a high-end tablet, according to their source Richard Shim, an analyst at NPD DisplaySearch. Shim says that “supply chain indications” have helped him draw this conclusion.
- All About Symbian
Google’s Nexus 10 Tablet Rumored to be from Samsung
Google elected to price the Nexus 7 at a price point that barely breaks even. If the Nexus 10 is priced in a similar manner, combined with high-end specs, it could prove to be a major contender in the tablet market.
- Google Nexus 10 rumoured to be made by Samsung
- Google Confirmed to Work on 10 inch Nexus Tablet With Samsung
- Google, Samsung reportedly teaming up on a 10-inch ‘super’ tablet to take on the iPad
- Samsung and Google to produce 10in Nexus tablet
- Cell Phone Signal
- Samsung And Google Are Making A Tablet With A Better Screen Than The iPad (GOOG)
- CNET: Google and Samsung will team up to make a 10.1-inch Nexus tablet
- Tech Radar
Google chasing the high-end with Samsung Galaxy Nexus 10 tablet?
Although there was no word of any potential Nexus 10 pricing, it's likely to set you back a packet more than the cheap-and-cheerful Google Nexus 7.
Google & Samsung Possibly Prepping 10-inch Nexus to take on iPad
After the success of the Nexus 7 Google might finally be ready to try its hand at toppling the iPad with a 10-inch tablet.
- A Samsung Nexus 10 won’t solve Google’s tablet problem
- Google Nexus 10 tablet to have higher-res display than iPad
- “Samsung Nexus 10 tablet” may be why there’s no high end Galaxy Tab