One lucky owner of the Samsung Galaxy S III managed to download and install an unofficial update from Android 4.0 ICS to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. And like a true nerd, he then went on to share the experience of using the latest version of the Android software on Samsung's latest flagship smartphone via a 10-minute video on YouTube. Overall performance looks to be very snappy on the phone, and Galaxy S III owners will doubtless get more excited to get their own phones updated to Android 4.1 as soon as possible. Since Samsung is reportedly working on releasing the update in September, eager Galaxy S III owners may not have to wait much longer.
What Else You Need To Know:
- The Samsung Galaxy S III in the video is seen running a build labeled i9300XADLG4.
It’s been amazing to see Samsung continue to roll even with all this legal crap going on with Apple.- Charles West, Intomobile
Hopefully with the speed at which Samsung was able to deliver the device across the globe, they will be pre-emptive in the update release and get as many carrier builds ready to go as possible when it is announced.- Stormy Beach, AndroidSPIN
- Android Police
Leaked Samsung Galaxy S III Jelly Bean Build Pops Up On Video, Shows Off Revamped Notification Bar
It's definitely looking legit, and while the visual changes to the Galaxy S III in Jelly Bean seem minor, there's no doubt that many owners of the device are absolutely chomping at the bit for access to Google Now in its full, un-ported glory.
- Android Community
- Samsung Galaxy S III Android 4.1 Jelly Bean leaked on video
- Samsung Hub
- Galaxy S III Android 4.1.1 Firmware Leaked on Video
Samsung Galaxy S III With Jelly Bean Shows Up On Mexican Android Blog
Thanks to Mexican Android site AndroidMX, we’ve got an idea of what the new software looks like running on a Galaxy S III.
- Mobile Syrup
- SwiftKey for Android updated with new themes, languages and bug fixes for Galaxy S III and Jelly Bean
- Samsung Galaxy S III Jelly Bean Update Leaks (Video)
- Droid Life
Video: Official TouchWiz’d Jelly Bean Leaked, Up and Running on Samsung Galaxy SIII
Fortunately, they did include many of the Jelly Bean core features that ROM users have come to love.
- Jelly Bean for Samsung Galaxy S3 shown on video
- Galaxy S III Running Official Jelly Bean Leak
- GSM Arena
Official Jelly Bean ROM for Samsung Galaxy S III I9300 leaks
An official Samsung Jelly Bean 4.1.1 ROM for the I9300 has surfaced in an ten-minute long video, thus showing us what the TouchWiz-ed version of Google's OS looks like. Here's the video itself
- Samsung Galaxy S III shown on video with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update
- [Video] Samsung Galaxy S III running Jelly Bean makes an Appearnance
- Samsung’s unreleased Jelly Bean update hits Galaxy S III early [video]
Samsung Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean update filmed by user
In addition to a redesigned login screen, the upgrade lets users instantly share screenshots and photos from the notification bar.
- Phone Arena
- Samsung Galaxy S III running Android 4.1.1 captured on video
- Into Mobile
Samsung Galaxy S III running Jelly Bean (Android 4.1) gets spied on video
The device looks pretty speedy with Jelly Bean, but it’s nothing new, as we’ve already become accustomed to the speed boost that Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0) brought to the OS.
- Mobile Syrup
- Galaxy S III running Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean spotted in video
Video Of (Alleged) Official Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update For Galaxy S III Hits The Web.
The video is all in Spanish, though, the true nerds won’t care.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Shown Running Leaked Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Firmware On Video
- Samsung Galaxy SIII – Official Jelly Bean ROM on video
- Daily Mobile
- Official Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean running on the Galaxy S III – Video
- Electric Pig
- Samsung Galaxy S3 gets Jelly Bean: See it on video
- Samsung Galaxy S III Running Leaked Official Jelly Bean ROM (Video)
- GSM Dome
- Samsung Galaxy S III Jelly Bean Build Leaks, Caught on Camera (Video)
- Samsung Galaxy SIII shown running a leaked version of 4.1.1 Jelly Bean
- Samsung Galaxy S III runs leaked official Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean build on video
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean update caught on video