Samsung has reportedly started mass producing its upcoming 128GB eMMC Pro memory cards for mobile devices. The new storage cards, announced as the industry's first of its kind at the Samsung Mobile Solution Forum 2012, are built based on 20nm technology and offer read/write speeds of 140MB/s and 50MB/s, respectively. That's about five times faster than today's class 10 microSD cards.
What Else You Need To Know
- Samsung hasn't detailed where its new 128GB storage cards for mobile devices will first become available--or for how much--but there is current speculation that it might be launched alongside its next flagship smartphone.
I’ve said it before, multi-core processors are all good and dandy, but show me an OS installed on some uber fast memory and I’ll show you a snappy mobile experience.- Chris Chavez, Phandroid
If the Galaxy S4 lands with such a huge amount of inbuilt storage, it’ll definitely rustle the jimmies of anyone trying to compete, Apple included.- Adam Bunker, Electric Pig
- Samsung Hub
- Samsung Starts Mass Production of 128GB Memory for Mobile Devices
- Samsung Begins Mass Producing 128GB eMMC Memory For Next-Gen Mobile Devices
- Phone Arena
- Samsung now mass producing 128GB memory for smartphones, tablets
- Fone Arena
- Samsung begins mass production of 128GB embedded flash memory, 2GB LPDDR3 RAM for mobile devices
- Electric Pig
- Samsung Galaxy S4 to come packing a monster 128GB of storage?
- Samsung starts producing faster 2GB LPDDR3 memory for mobile devices, 128GB flash storage too
- Samsung fabricating 128GB storage, 2GB LPDDR3 for mobiles
- Samsung Now Producing 2GB LPDDR3 RAM And 128GB Flash Storage Chips
- Mobile Syrup
- Samsung begins production of ultra-fast 128GB eMMC memory for mobile devices