HTC is preparing to launch a new flagship handset that features cutting-edge components and top-of-the-line specs. Expected to be unveiled at tech tradeshow Mobile World Congress in February, the M7 is expected to feature 4.7-inch screen with a 1080p resolution that results in an eye-popping 468ppi pixel density, which is 40% higher than the iPhone 5. In addition, SoLux display of the Taiwanese device-maker's new Android phone is said to offer visual improvements over the previous generation Super LCD2, boosting viewing angles, outdoor visibility, and color accuracy. The device is also expected to feature a 1.7GHz second-generation quad-core processor from Qualcomm, a 13MP rear camera with a large f/2.0 lens, and a Beats-designed amplifier for audio playback.
What Else You Need To Know
- The M7 is also expected to sport 2GB of RAM, 32GB of internal flash storage, LTE capability, Android Jelly Bean operating system with Sense 5 UX, next-generation 802.11ac Wi-Fi, and 2 MP front camera also capable of 1080p video caputure.
- HTC is betting on the M7 to boost its turnaround effort following a series of disappointing quarters.
- The MWC 2013 is scheduled for February 25th to 28th in Barcelona and will feature 1,500 exhibitors.
Take it all with a grain of salt, of course, as absolutely nothing has been officially confirmed.- Dima Aryeh, DroidDog
EVleaks had leaked the first full HD 1080p phone from HTC initially and like the other leaks, it turned out to be accurate, so I think we can vouch on EVleaks for industry-wide leaks.- Bharadwaj, Fone Arena
HTC M7, successor to the One X, detailed: 4.7-inch 1080p, Sense 5, much more
Besides the expected array of sensors and radios, M7 will also boast support for the next-generation Wi-Fi standard, 802.11ac, whose theoretical throughput is three times that of 802.11n WLAN networks.
- HTC M7 rumored to replace One X in February with 4.7-inch, 468ppi screen and Sense 5
HTC M7 Possible Specs Revealed, Currently All Rumors
It is said that the M7 will be a successor to the One X, occupying the same 4.7" class of phones.
- Fone Arena
HTC M7, 4.7 inch 1080p successor to the One X leaked, runs sense 5
EVleaks had leaked the first full HD 1080p phone from HTC initially and like the other leaks, it turned out to be accurate, so I think we can vouch on EVleaks for industry-wide leaks.
- Android Guys
- HTC M7 to feature 1.7GHz quad-core and 4.7-inch 1080p display, sources indicate
- More details emerge about HTC M7
- Mobile Crunch
- HTC’s Rumored “M7″ Flagship Phone Could Sport A Smaller Screen And Land On Verizon And Sprint Shelves
- HTC M7 tipped to come with 4.7-inch full HD display, 1.7 GHz S4 Pro chip, and 13MP camera
- HTC M7 rumored for February debut with 4.7-inch 1080p display, quad-core processor
- Specs for HTC’s ‘M7′ phone may include 1.7GHz quad-core CPU, 4.7-inch full HD display
- Android Community
- HTC M7 leak shows a 1080p 4.7-inch display with Jelly Bean and Sense 5
- Phone Arena
- HTC M7 specs change a bit, still planned as HTC One X successor
- Into Mobile
- HTC M7 to succeed One X, Droid DNA in February
- HTC M7 Thoughts and Expectations
- HTC M7 Spec Leak Claims 1080p Screen That’s Only 4.7 Inches
- HTC M7 said to pack 4.7-inch 1080p display and 13MP camera, succeed One X
- HTC M7 specs leak?
- HTC M7 gets detailed: 4.7-inch 1080p display, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Sense 5, and more
- Specs for HTC's mysterious M7 handset see daylight
- HTC M7 Gets Detailed: 1.7 Ghz Quad-Core CPU, 4.7-Inch Full HD Display
- Tech Ticker
- HTC M7 rumored with 4.7-inch 1080p display, 1.7GHz Quad-core CPU
- Know Your Mobile
- HTC’s 2013 flagship, codenamed ‘M7,’ detailed online
- The HTC M7 rumoured to be a 4.7-inch 1080p HTC One X successor
- Trusted Reviews
- HTC M7 specs revealed