Qualcomm's newest mobile development platform (MDP) for Android is now available for purchase. Officially dubbed the Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro, the MDP is based on the new quad-core APQ8064 chipset with Adreno 320 graphics. Its list of high-end features include a 10.1-inch 1024x768 pixel resolution screen, 2GB of LPDDR2 RAM, 32GB of storage, 13-megapixel camera, and a total of seven microphones. It also comes with a charging dock that gives it extra features which include ports for Ethernet, HDMI, and USB connectivity. Another thing that the Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro comes with is a very hefty price tag--it can be bought through BSQUARE, the usual Qualcomm dev kit distributor, for $1,299 USD.
What Else You Need To Know:
- The Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro is priced so high because it is targeted towards developers instead of consumers.
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich will come pre-installed as standard but there is no mention of whether it can be upgraded to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
- Due to high demand, the device will not ship for another 2-3 weeks.
With developers in mind, that helps to explain the high-end features and even higher price.- Scott Nichols, Tech Radar
The new APQ8064 platform brings the Adreno 320 GPU, that should offer 4 times the performance of its predecessor, so we expect games to be rendered amazingly on the slate.- James Alexander, Tablet-News
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon S4 Pro quad core dev tablet now available for $1,299 (update: spec sheet)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 quad-core tablets available now for $1299
- Droid Life
- Qualcomm’s Snapdragon S4 Pro Quad-Core Beast Developer Tablet Can Be Purchased for $1300
- All About Symbian
- Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro tablet releases at $1299
- PC World
- Qualcomm's Quad Snapdragon S4 Pro Tablet Now Available to Developers
- Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Quad core Tablets Showcased, Premiere Units Priced at $1299
- Good E-Reader
- Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Tablet For Developers Costs $1299
- Qualcomm Begins Selling Reference Tablet With Quad-Core Snapdragon S4 Pro CPU
- Qualcomm quad-core tablet costs $1,299, comes with 13mp camera
- Android Central
- Qualcomm's S4 developer tablet packs meaty specs and a high price, but it's not for us
- Tech Radar
- Qualcomm releases expensive uber-tablet for developers