The Microsoft Windows 8 tablet that's able to provide a full PC experience and run legacy and desktop software has been confirmed for a February 9th release in the U.S. and Canada. The tablet will be available for $899 (64GB version) and $999 (128GB) at all Microsoft stores, Staples and Best Buy in the U.S., as well as from a number of locations in Canada. The special keyboard cover that can convert the tablet to a desktop will cost an additional $120.
What Else You Need To Know
- The Microsoft Surface Pro packs a Core i5 processor with HD Graphics 4000 GPU, 4GB of RAM, a 10.6-inch display with true HD resolution of 1920-by-1080, a Surface pen writing stylus, a full-sized USB 3.0 port, and a microSDXC memory card slot.
- To be available in 13 new European countries soon, Microsoft's Surface with Windows RT has a starting price of $499, but Windows RT devices are unable to install third-party desktop programs.
Originally expected at the end of January, the Surface Pro was bumped back a few weeks due possibly to the new CPU taking longer for production.- Daniel Rubino, WMExperts
The new Microsoft Surface Pro is Microsoft’s first device that runs the full version of Windows 8.- Shawn Ingram, Gotta Be Mobile
- PC World
- Surface Pro tablet, new Surface accessories to land on Feb. 9
- Microsoft Surface Pro Goes on Sale Feb. 9
Microsoft Surface Pro tablet arrives February 9th from $899
he whole thing is wrapped up in the same sort of Vapor Mg casing as the Windows RT-based Surface RT we reviewed last year. That includes a useful pop-out kickstand for desktop use, and the Surface Pro measures in at 10.81 x 6.81 x 0.53 inches and tips the scales at “under 2lbs” according to Microsoft.
- At Long Last, Microsoft’s Surface Pro Tablet Is Going On Sale
Microsoft Surface Pro on sale in US, Canada for $899 on Feb. 9
One aspect that may have hurt Surface RT sales is one that Microsoft is correcting with the new tablet. Instead of initially limiting sales to Microsoft-branded stores and online sales, Staples and Best Buy will carry the new Surface Windows 8 Pro.
- Microsoft's New Surface Pro Tablet Launches February 9 Starting At $899 (MSFT)
- Surface Pro goes officially on sale February 9, starts at $899
- The Inquirer
- Microsoft's Surface Pro gets a price and date for US release
- Microsoft announces Surface Pro coming Feburary 9th
- WM Power User
- Microsoft announce Surface Pro availability from 9th February in US and Canada
- Microsoft Surface Pro to launch February 9th starting at $899
Microsoft Surface Pro Arrives February 9: Prices Start at $899
The Surface Pro does have some disadvantages when competing with a laptop, however, due to its form factor. The Surface Pro can’t rest on a user’s lap as easily as a traditional notebook due to its kickstand and keyboard cover design. The Surface Pro can work as a tablet on the go, but it requires a table or some other flat surface in order to use a physical keyboard.
- Microsoft's Surface Pro Tablet to Debut February 9
- Mobile Magazine
- Microsoft Surface Pro Arrives on February 9th, Starts at $899
- It's official: Intel-based Microsoft Surface Pro to ship Feb. 9
- Microsoft Ad: Surface Pro Costs Zero Dollars
- Beta News
Surface Pro goes on sale February 9th
There is no word yet on when pre-orders will go live, but it would seem likely that it would do so fairly soon.
- Mobile Syrup
- Microsoft Surface Pro coming to Canada on February 9th
- Microsoft's Big Plans For The Surface Pro? Colorful New Touch Covers!
- iPhone Download Blog
- Microsoft’s Surface Pro to land on February 9 with $899 price tag
- Apple Insider
- Microsoft launching Surface Pro, expanding Surface RT lineup on Feb. 9
- Tech Radar
- Microsoft Surface Pro goes on sale February 9
- Phone Arena
- Microsoft Surface Pro to launch in U.S. and Canada on February 9th starting at $899
- Microsoft Surface Pro Confirmed to Launch on February 9th, Priced at $899
- Surface Pro struts its stuff on video. Looks hot.