Palm has just released webOS 1.4.5 for the Bell Palm Pre. While it does address some known issues plaguing the current webOS version, this new release is pretty mundane when compared with Palm’s previous firmware updates.
Here are the complete release notes for webOS 1.4.5 as posted on the Palm Support page:
Feature changes to existing applications
- This release includes minor fixes and enhancements to support the public release of the webOS Plug-in Development Kit (PDK).
- This release may require you to update certain apps to their latest version to properly support the launch of the webOS PDK. If you have a game that is not saving your game information correctly (high scores, stages, settings) check the App Catalog for updates. For more information on updating apps, see Using App Catalog
- If a user enters text in a field on certain websites, the screen focus now remains on the text being entered.
- This release fixes a rare problem so that podcasts now download correctly.
- This release addresses several security issues with the Palm webOS software.
As you can see, there's really nothing completely new that webOS 1.4.5 brings to the table. Be that as it may, this is still worth downloading for your Palm Pre as it comes with the necessary fix to improve over-all performance and stability.