Here’s an update on the Rogers HTC Magic upgrade offer for their subscribers who own an HTC Dream handset. As we posted earlier, this is a limited-time offer only which, according to the latest report, has already begun yesterday, January 12, and will run until the 26th. This is also only applicable to those who activated their Rogers HTC Dream before 2009 came to a close closing the doors on those who got theirs this new year.
Below are the complete details of the promo as posted by Mobilesyrup:
- Current Rogers customers who activated a new Rogers HTC Dream through Dec. 31, 2009 – either through upgrade or a new activation – may upgrade that device to an HTC Magic for a limited time.
- Upgrades must be done through Customer Care (1-888-Rogers1) or through Rogers.com (existing 3yr data plan required for online upgrades, instructions below). This special upgrade offer does not apply at retail.
- This limited-time upgrade is available between January 12 and January 26 only.
- The $79 upgrade cost of the device, plus the $35 administration fee are being waived. Customers who choose to take advantage of this offer get a $599 phone for $0 with the renewal of a three-year term from the date of the upgrade (For most customers, this will represent a contract extension of seven months or less).
- The upgrade is completely optional. Customers who choose to can stick with their HTC Dreams and remain in their current contracts.
So, how about it guys? Will you bite into Rogers' free HTC Magic upgrade offer or will you just finish your contract with Rogers and then sign up with another carrier like Bell or Telus who now also have Android phones of their own?