In a tweet posted to Motorola's official Twitter account, it has been revealed that support for older devices in its recently launched bootloader unlock tool is "not currently in the plan." Apparently, only more recent devices can be used with Motorola's Unlock My Device web site, and these ar ethe Motorola Photon Q, Motorola XOOM, and the European version of the RAZR Developer Edition. This is surely bad news for owners of older Motorola devices, but perhaps there may still be a chance that support will be added in the future.
What Else You Need To Know:
- Some older devices that cannot be used with the unlock tool include the Motorola Droid Bionic, Droid 3, or Droid X2.
We’ve seen a public outcry for these things in the past cause HTC to cave on decisions, but I have a feeling we won’t be so lucky with Motorola.- Cory Gunther, Android Community
- Droid Life
- Moto Unlock Tool Not Coming to Older Devices Like the Bionic or DROID 3
- Android Community
Motorola has no plans to unlock older devices
Motorola has just released an informal statement over on Twitter regarding the bootloader unlock process they’ve recently released.
- Motorola says bringing device unlock tool for older devices “not currently in the plan”
Motorola Screws Droid Bionic Owners Again
The Droid Bionic bootloader isn’t in line for an unlock.
- Android Police
Motorola Confirms Via Twitter That Older Devices Will Not Receive Bootloader Unlock Tools
Moto has no plans to add any of its older lineup to the supported list.
Motorola Not Planning To Release An Unlock Tool For Older Devices
Bad news for owners of an older Motorola device today as Motorola reported via their official Twitter account today that a bootloader unlock tool would not be available for older devices such as the DROID Bionic and DROID 3.
- Phone Arena
- Tweet from Motorola says unlocking older models "not currently in the plan"
- Motorola: Bootloader unlock tool for previous devices not currently in the plan
- Geeky Gadgets
- Motorola has no plans to add bootloader unlocking support to older devices
- Motorola says no bootloader unlocking for older devices