The next-generation Nexus handset could come with a larger display, a speedier Qualcomm processor and a substantially improved camera, according to the latest rumors. Phone Arena, citing a source, says that the Nexus 5 would have a camera module will feature a "triple camera sensor thing" and have Nikon branding. Android and Me, citing a tipster, easy that LG is again working on a Nexus with Google in the form of the LG Megalodon, one of the prototypes being considered. The LG Megalodon will boast a 5.2-inch OLED display with a 1080p full HD resolution, 3 GB RAM, and would be the first device to come with Qualcomm's Snapdragon 800 processor, according to Android and Me's source, who claims to be an employee at Google. Phone Arena, however, is debunking the rumors, noting that making 1080p mobile OLEDs is really, really hard.
What Else You Need To Know
- The Nexus 5 is expected to debut towards the end of the year in October 2013, according to Android and Me's source.
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 800 processor features Ultra HD 4K video recording.
- Phone Arena's source says that instead of the LG Megalodon and its Full HD OLED display and the 3 GB RAM, the Nexus 5 will feature a 5-inch 1080p display, Snapdragon 600 processor, 2 GB of RAM, 8/16 GB of storage, and a 3140 mAh battery.
Allegedly operating under the code name of ‘Megalodon’, the phone sounds like a cross between next-level awesome and fantasy.- Scott Webster, Android Guys
- Google said testing Nexus 5 prototypes, LG model leaks out
- Phone Arena
- Rumor: Google Nexus 5 might feature a revolutionary camera with Nikon branding
- Google Nexus 5 prototype leaks online
- Expert Reviews
- Google Nexus 5 leaked specifications point to high-end focus
- Phones Review
- 4K video capture promised for Android could be Nexus 5
- LG Megalodon Nexus 5 to Boast 4K Ultra HD Video Recording?
- Nexus 5 Expected to Sport Great Camera with Nikon Branding
- Android Guys
- 5.2-inch LG ‘Megalodon” rumored as Nexus 5
- LG Nexus 5 Megalodon specifications leak online
- New Nexus 5 rumor says Nikon camera is in play, denies LG ‘Megalodon’ existence
- Mobile Crunch
- Google Nexus 5 Could Have Nikon Camera Tech On Board, Report Claims
- Rumor: Nexus 5 Specs and Image Appear Online, Verified By Google Employee
- Nexus 5 rumors begin to fly, latest says Nikon camera tech could be on board
- Trusted Reviews
- Google Nexus 5 leaks as LG manufactured powerhouse