HTC tablet rumors erupted today thanks to some recently discovered benchmark tests. Speculation now is that HTC has a new Quad-Core tablet in the works and the name everyone is giving it is Vertex.
What You Need To Know:
- The unit tested has a 1.3GHz NVIDIA Tegra 3 processor and 10.1 inch screen with 1280 x 752 resolution.
- Additional speculation suggests a 2-megapixel rear-facing camera, a front-facing 1.3-megapixel camera, Bluetooth 4.0 and Beats Audio support.
- It runs Android 4.0 (and probably Sense 4.0 UI).
- Rumblings of this model first appeared in late 2011 and at some point it was called the HTC Quattro.
Let's just hope that the resulting device is more competitive than the pricey Jetstream.- Jon Fingas, Engadget
HTC Vertex pops up in benchmarks, might bring a slice of One X muscle to tablets
The last murmurs of a Vertex from the fall had it carrying a rear 2-megapixel camera and a front 1.3-megapixel shooter, but it's been long enough now that we wouldn't count on that still being true -- or that the new benchmarks necessarily reflect what we might get.
HTC Vertex Quad Core Tegra 3 Tablet Spotted in Benchmarks
Supposedly there are also Beats Audio speakers on board with great quality.
HTC Vertex Quad-Core Tablet In the Works
We’re also going to assume that the device will arrive with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean at launch rather than Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
- All About Symbian
HTC Vertex HD tablet leaks with Tegra 3 quad-core
HTC’s tablets haven’t fared well in the past so hopefully this will mark a change and new direction for HTC.
- HTC Vertex HD tablet spotted in benchmark tests, not confirmed yet
- Tech Radar
HTC Vertex tablet to rival Google Nexus 7?
Chances are this will be in the seven inch category, as the resolution at 10-inch would hopefully be a bit higher... and Google's made seven inch tablets fashionable this year.
- PC Advisor
- HTC Vertex is firm's next tablet?