Motorola Mobility, the smartphone maker purchased by Google in 2012, may unveil the rumored X Phone at Google's I/O event in May, if reports from Droid Life and Droid Forum end up correct. The Motorola X would have the upcoming Google's Android 5.0 Key Lime operating system out of the box, a 5-inch edge-to-edge display, and is being produced for all major carriers, according to reporting by Droid Forum, which admitted it's not 100% sure of the information. The Motorola X is slated for a July 8th release date and would cost $299 on a contract with Verizon, said Droid Life, which flagged its report as a "wild rumor."
What Else You Need To Know
- While Google has been partnering with Android device-makers like LG, ASUS and Samsung to release Nexus smartphones and tablets, the Motorola X won't reportedly have a Nexus branding.
- Google I/O is an annual developer-focused conference held by Google and was used in 2012 to launch the Nexus 7 and Google Project Glass.
Feel free to attack it, poke holes in it, drool over it, or daydream about a life with this phone in this sort of scenario. Again, it’s been flagged as a “wild rumor” on purpose.- Kellex, Droid Life
Larry Page recently gave an interview mentioning how they’ll be shaking things up with Motorola — and this could be it.- Cory Gunther, Android Community
Motorola X with Key Lime Pie headed for Google I/O?
We've already heard about the X Phone before and now new details, some questionable, are surfacing supposedly spilling more beans on what we can expect later in the year.
- Cross-Carrier Motorola X Coming At Google I/O With Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie?
- Non-Nexus Android 5.0 Kie Lime Pie Motorola X 5-inch smartphone coming at Google I/O?
- Phone Arena
- Google I/O to see Motorola X with Key Lime Pie?
- Motorola X Phone With Edge-to-Edge Display Rumored for Google I/O Debut
- Rumour: Motorola X Phone to be unveiled at Google I/O
- GSM Dome
- Motorola X 5 Inch Smartphone With Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie Rumored to Debut at Google I/O 2013
- Motorola X Phone with 5-inch display, Key Lime Pie set for Google I/O?
- Know Your Mobile
- Rumoured Motorola X with Android Key Lime Pie for Google I/O
- Geeky Gadgets
- Motorola X Phone Coming At Google I/O With Key Lime Pie (Rumor)
- Phones Review
- Motorola X 5-inch Key Lime Pie Phone at Google I/O
- Motorola X with Key Lime Pie launching at Google I/O
- Droid Life
- Wild Rumor: Motorola X Phone to Multiple Carriers, Sold Cheaply in Google Play, and Unlockable on Verizon
- Motorola X Phone said to be headed for all carriers, sold through Google Play Store? [RUMOR]
- Motorola X release date and pricing revealed by new report
- Android Community
Motorola X-Phone rumors claim May release, 5-inch screen on all major carriers
The folks from Droidforums have been correct in the past and part of their report even matches that above, so I’m getting a little excited.
- Phone Arena
- Motorola X to launch July 8th for $299?
- 5-inch Motorola X Phone headed to Google I/O?