In a media event that took place at the Czech Republic recently, Microsoft product manager Peter Bobek revealed that versions of Microsoft Office for Android and iOS are already on the way and will arrive some time in March 2013. This follows an earlier leak regarding an iPad version of Microsoft Office, which was denied by Microsoft at the time by saying that the leaked image was not a real one. Despite what it did back then, the company did not actually deny the fact that it is working on Office for iOS, and it actually makes sense for it to release the same outside of Windows 8 when it launches. If this information turns out to be true, users will then have an official app for viewing and editing Microsoft Office documents on the go.
What Else You Need To Know
- The next version of Office is rumored to support not only Windows 8, Android, and IOS, but also Windows RT and Symbian.
It’s a tricky balance for a company trying to use Office to help differentiate Windows Phone while at the same time making sure that the productivity suite remains ubiquitous in a world in which business is done on far more than just PCs and Macs.- Ina Fried, All Things Digital
Given how widely Office is used, iOS users have been clamoring for a mobile version for years. Hopefully, this’ll make all those work documents play nicely on your iPad.- Tim Barribeau , Everything iCafe
- iPhone Download Blog
Microsoft confirms Office for iOS and Android, due March 2013
A new report quotes a Microsoft executive as confirming that the software giant is in fact hard at work developing a native Microsoft Office suite for both iOS and Android.
Microsoft Confirms Office for Android and iOS Comes in March 2013
According to Microsoft product manager Petr Bobek, the application will be launched in March 2013.
- Phone Scoop
Microsoft Bringing Office To iOS & Android
The desktop version is planned to be available starting in December 2012, with the mobile version launching in March 2013.
- 9to5 Mac
Report: Office 2013 for iOS to release by March 2013
Office for iPad will presumably allow iOS users to read and edit Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents on Apple’s mobile devices.
- Apple Insider
Microsoft Office coming to Apple's iOS, Google's Android in March 2013 - report
A Microsoft product manager in the Czech Republic has reportedly indicated that native versions of Office for iOS and Android will arrive early next year.
Microsoft Office Native App Coming To iOS & Android – Confirmed By Microsoft Product Manager
Microsoft has also been busy preparing native versions of its Office product for both iOS and Android platforms.
- Mobile Syrup
Microsoft Office for iOS and Android apparently will be available March 2013
At a press conference today in the Czech Republic, Petr Bobek, Microsoft product manager, reportedly confirmed that the Office 2013 app for iOS and Android will make it to both respected app stores by March 2013.
- Business Insider SAI
Now We Have Confirmation Microsoft Office Is Coming To The iPad (MSFT, GOOG, AAPL)
Microsoft Office fans will have to wait a few more months to get the popular apps on their mobile devices.
Will Office for iOS launch coincide with new iPad?
The release date target came from a presentation in the Czech Republic on Wednesday by a Microsoft product manager.
Android and iOS to get Microsoft Office 2013 apps in March
A new version of Office Web Apps and Office 365 will also be available in March 2013. A U.S.-based Microsoft spokesman did not confirm or deny Bobek’s possible slip up.
- iPhone In Canada Blog
Microsoft Office for iOS Reportedly Coming in 2013 [Update]
The press release notes a December launch for businesses with consumers getting sometime after March of 2013.
- Microsoft Office App Coming to Android, iOS Next Year [REPORT]
- Venture Beat
- Microsoft product manager claims Office 2013 for iOS and Android coming in March
Office for iPad, iPhone & Android Reportedly on for March 2013 Release
At this moment Microsoft hasn’t made any official announcements regarding the release of Office for iOS and Android, nor has it given a release date for Office 2013 for Windows.
- Microsoft Office for iOS and Android purportedly slated to arrive in 2013
- Microsoft Office once again reportedly on its way to iOS
- iPhone Hacks
- Microsoft Planning To Finally Release Office For iOS In March 2013
- Office 2013 for iOS, Android due in March, says MS manager
- Android Guys
- Microsoft to release Office for Android in March 2013
- Czech Microsoft manager claims Office 2013 will reach Android and iOS, rest of company is less certain
- Fone Arena
- Microsoft’s Czech Unit Reportedly Confirms Office for iOS Coming in March 2013
- Everything iCafe
Microsoft Office Rumored To Hit iOS Next Year
Businesses will get the suite in December of this year, consumers in February, with mobile versions in March, according to this news.
- Android Community
- Microsoft Office for Android reportedly coming in March
- Android Police
- Microsoft Allegedly Planning Native Office Apps For Android For Release In March 2013
- Mobile Burn
- Microsoft Office 2013 coming Android and iOS in March 2013
- Microsoft narrows Office 2013 mobile launch to begin March 2013
- Droid Life
- Microsoft Confirms Plan to Create Office App for Android, Release Set for March 2013 (Update)
- The Loop
- Microsoft Office for iOS
- Office for iOS and Android coming March 2013?
- Microsoft Office For iOS, Android Tipped For Next Year
- Microsoft Office 2013 for Android and iOS launching next year
- Into Mobile
- Microsoft Office coming to iOS and Android in 2013, says product manager
Microsoft: Office Coming to iOS and Android, Sort Of, in Some Form
A Czech statement indicated that Office for iOS and Android would come early next year.
Microsoft Manager Says Office Android and iOS Apps Coming in March
Pundits peg Office RT as the crown jewel that will make Windows 8 shine in the eye of business users, but a Microsoft product manager and PR team said today that native Android and iOS versions of Office 2013 will be in consumer hands in as early as March.