The Burj Al Arab, the iconic 7-star hotel in Dubai, unveiled its newest luxury amenity: 24-carat gold iPads. After check in, guests will receive their own gold iPads, which will be used as a virtual concierge and provide information about the hotel’s restaurant menus, spa treatments, housekeeping and other services. Guests will be required to return the iPad at the end of their stay. The gold plated iPads though will be available for sale in the hotel's gift shop with a price tag of 37,490 AED, or $10,448 Canadian dollars.
What Else You Need To Know
- The gold iPads were custom created for the hotel by British brand Gold & Co.
- The hotel already has an iMac in each of its 202 rooms, in addition to other luxury amenities, like walk-in showers and Jacuzzis, large plasma TVs, and private butler service.
- Designed to look like a flag sail, the Br Al Arab hotel sits on a man-made island almost 250 metres off the Jumeirah coast.
- The price for a room at the hotel starts at $1,500 per night.
- Business Insider SAI
- Dubai's Most Luxurious Hotel Is Giving Guests 24-Carat Gold iPads
- iPhone In Canada Blog
- 7-Star Burj Al Arab Hotel in Dubai Now Offers 24k Gold iPads for Guests
- The ultimate luxury hotel room now comes with 24-carat gold iPads
- Know Your Mobile
- Samsung Galaxy S4 now available in gold, costs £1700
- Dubai Hotel Giving Guests 24 Carat Gold iPads
- "The world's only 7-Star hotel" is giving 24k gold-plated iPads to guests