Verizon is releasing a CDMA variant of the Nokia Lumia 920 called the Lumia 928. The Lumia 928 though will have some interesting tweaks: aluminum construction, improved PureView camera, and a lighter and thinner body, according to The Verge. The device is only 10.2mm thick, will use an aluminum body as opposed to the plastic/poly one found on other Lumias, an OLED panel instead of LCD, and an 8MP PureView sensor that will have a Xenon-LED flash combo to improve low light performance. The 928 is debuting on the Big Red in April. Pricing has not been announced although there are talks that the device will be offered for $200 on a two-year contract.
What Else You Need To Know
- Nokia announced the Lumia 920 in September 2012, calling the device the "world's most innovative smartphone."
- Like the 920, the Lumia 928 would have a Windows Phone 8-operating system, a 4.5-inch 1280 x 768px display, a 1.5Ghz dual-core Snapdragon S4 processor, 1GB RAM, 32GB storage and a HD front-facing camera.
- The Lumia 928 passed through the FCC way back in February.
- While Verizon is using CDMA-based cellular network technology, majority of the world uses GSM thus most new devices are released on GSM first.
Verizon customers should start saving now as the Lumia 928 is looking to be quite an interesting release for the carrier and the Windows Phone ecosystem.- Daniel Rubino, WMExperts
Nokia has always built its smartphones using high-quality materials but with the Lumia 928 the manufacturer is looking to go a step forward, encasing the smartphone in an aluminium shell.- Mircea Vasile, GSM Dome
- Nokia Lumia 928 to launch on Verizon in April with aluminum body and xenon flash
- WM Power User
- Report: Aluminum Body Nokia Lumia 928 With Xenon Flash Coming To Verizon In April
- Verizon’s Lumia 928 Gets Detailed Again, Will Arrive in April
- Nokia To Release Tweaked Lumia 928 On Verizon WIth Aluminum Back, Lighter And Thinner Body
- Mobile Syrup
- Next-gen Lumia 928 could debut in April with metal construction and Xenon flash
- Verizon’s Nokia Lumia 928 (Laser) set to arrive in April with Xenon flash
- Details emerge on Verizon’s upcoming Nokia Lumia 928 with PureView camera and aluminum body
- Nokia Lumia 928 with metal casing rumored for April debut on Verizon
- GSM Dome
- Nokia Lumia 928 to be Available on Verizon in April With Advanced Photo Features
- Phones Review
- Nokia Lumia 928 could release on Verizon soon
- Nokia Lumia 928 with xenon flash and aluminum body may be coming to Verizon