LG's newest phablet, the Optimus G2, could debut at the International CES 2013 trade show. Confirming that the Korean device-maker is prepping for a flagship unveiling is a teaser video touting a smartphone with a thin bezel around the screen. The video doesn't reveal anything else although rumors have been circulating that the Optimus G2 comes specs of a high-end superphone.
What Else You Need To Know
- The Optimus G2 is expected to sport a 5 to 5.5-inch screen with resolution of 1920 x 1080 (440 ppi), an Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system, a 2 GHz quad-core processor from Qualcomm, a 13 megapixel camera, and 2 or 3GB of RAM.
- LG released the first iteration of the Optimus G handset in the fourth quarter of 2012, raising doubts about a successor being unveiled after only three months.
- Aside from a new flagship phone, LG is expected to show off a broad portfolio of products, including TVs and appliances, at the CES 2013, which is slated for January 8th to 11 in Las Vegas.
LG has the talent of always unveiling stuff early and taking forever to bring products to the shops. Hopefully they’ll manage to adapt to the market this time.- Radu Iorga, GSM Dome
The move makes sense for LG, even if they just released the Optimus G and Nexus 4 within the last couple of months. 1080p is going to be the standard in 2013, something we are already seeing evidence from with companies like Huawei and ZTE.- Kellex, Droid Life
- Mobile Syrup
- LG Optimus G2 rumoured to be announced at CES
- Phone Arena
- LG Optimus G2 flagship may get announced at CES 2013
- Android Guys
- LG rumored to intro 5.5-inch Optimus G2 at CES
- LG Optimus G2 Rumored To Debut Next Week at CES
LG’s Optimus G2 to Debut at CES 2013 Next Week
LG has brought its Optimus G handset to shelves only in the fourth quarter of the last year, and it would not make too much sense for it to launch a new flagship in such a short time.
5.5 inch LG Optimus G2 coming to CES? [VIDEO]
LG definitely seems to be prepping for a big unveil as it has launched a teaser video showing quick close-ups of a device that was too obscured to make out. Well… like all devices in the past 5 years it seems to be recta
- Droid Life
- LG Optimus G2 Showing Up at CES With Snapdragon S4 Prime Processor and 1080p Display?
- Android Community
- LG Optimus G2 teased in CES 2013 video
- LG Optimus G2 to launch at CES 2013?
- LG Optimus G2 With 1080p And 2.0 GHz SoC May Debut At CES
- LG to unveil Optimus G2 at CES 2013?
Optimus G2 teased by LG for possible CES debut
LG has yet to officially confirm the Optimus G2, though a benchmark leaked last month indicates that it could arrive quite soon.
- LG Optimus G2 Appeared On CES 2013 Video
- GSM Dome
LG Optimus G2 Teased in Pre CES 2013 Clip (Video)
LG has the talent of always unveiling stuff early and taking forever to bring products to the shops. Hopefully they’ll manage to adapt to the market this time.
- Geeky Gadgets
- LG Teases Optimus G2 (Video)
- LG Optimus G2 teased before CES with 5.5-inch Full HD display
- LG Teases New Mobile Phone for CES 2013, Might Be Optimus G2
- LG Optimus G2 1080p mobile phone to launch next week
- Trusted Reviews
- LG teases LG Optimus G2 for CES 2013
- LG May Debut Flagship Optimus G2 at CES