LG will launch the Optimus G2 in autumn and not in next month's MWC, according to reports. Rumors say that that LG's new flagship device will have killer specs, including a 1080p Full HD display, 5 to 5.5-inch screen, the ultra-fast Qualcomm S4 Snapdragon 'Prime' quad-core processor, and, possibly, the next generation Android 5.0 Key Lime operating system. Interest in the successor to last September's Optimus G has grown after the Korean device-maker didn't unveil the device at this month's CES trade show. LG and other vendors are touting new mobile devices at next month's Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, but CNET says that LG would instead be unveiling a smartphone/tablet hybrid at the show.
What Else You Need To Know
- LG has had a successful 2012, launching the Optimus G and the Google Nexus 4.
LG is confident its new hardware will dazzle buyers, as it’s apparently expecting its 2013 range of smartphones to push the firm towards sales of 45 million before the end of the year.- Andy Boxall, Digital Trends
The good news for LG is that people have taken notice of the Optimus G and Nexus 4 enough to actually buzz about its next-generation offerings.- Andrew Grush, Mobile Magazine
- Android Community
LG Optimus G2 reportedly coming this fall with 1.9 GHz quad-core
Qualcomm also announced their Snapdragon 800 series 2.3 GHz quad-core processors. Stating they’d arrive in Q3 so there’s a slight possibility LG will hold out for that latest and greatest instead.
- Droid Life
- LG Optimus G2 to Arrive This Fall, Awaiting Google’s Launch of Key Lime Pie?
- LG Optimus G2 set for Fall 2013 launch?
- Phone Arena
- LG Optimus G2 5-incher rumored for the fall, a 5.5" Full HD Optimus GK to fill the void at MWC
- Know Your Mobile
- LG Optimus G2 pegged for Autumn launch
- Tech Ticker
- LG Optimus G2 tipped to launch with full HD 5.5-inch display
- Digital Trends
- LG Optimus G2 not expected at MWC, void to be filled by 1080p tablet/smartphone hybrid
- Trusted Reviews
- LG Optimus G2 autumn release rumoured
- Phones Review
- LG Optimus G2 launch possibly after Key Lime Pie release
- Mobile Magazine
- LG Optimus G2 Rumors Continue to Circulate
LG Optimus G2 launching this fall, possibly with Key Lime Pie? [RUMORS]
You may remember the G2 was said to come with a 5.5-inch 1080p full HD display, and a handful of other top notch specs. Only problem is where OEM’s like HTC try and beat Samsung to the punch by releasing next gen phones ahead of the competition, LG’s method of launching later could be screwing them over, even if their device is packing better specs. T
- LG Optimus G Pro / G2 specs and features reportedly leaked
- LG Optimus G Pro Specs Rumored; Is This The G2?
- Alleged LG Optimus G Pro Emerges Online