The LG Optimus G, which has been the subject of numerous leaks, has finally been launched officially by LG in South Korea. When it arrives some time in Korea next month, the LG Optimus G will have the highly anticipated quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor clocked at 1.5GHz and 4G LTE network connectivity. It will also pack other impressive hardware features which include the all-new Adreno 320 GPU, a 13-megapixel camera, 2GB of RAM, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, NFC, and a built-in 2,100 mAh battery. The LG Optimus G also carries what is being referred to as a True HD IPS display that has a native resolution of 1280x768 pixels. It is scheduled for a global release some time later this year.
What Else You Need To Know:
- The LG Optimus G is the first Android smartphone in the world to support Qualcomm's next-gen Snapdragon S4 Pro processor.
- Despite it arriving at least a couple months after the launch of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, the LG Optimus G will run Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich by default.
The real triumph for LG however, is its ability to vertically integrate technology from its various units to create the device.- Richard Lawler, Engadget
All in all, that’s a hugely impressive laundry list of market-leading specs. The only downside? Android 4.0.- Adam Bunker, Electric Pig
LG Optimus G revealed: 1.5GHz quad-core CPU, ICS, LTE, 4.7-inch screen with in-cell touch
It will arrive in Korea next month (and on NTT Docomo in October or November as the L-01E in black and red, seen after the break) with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, not Jelly Bean.
LG Optimus G official: quad-core flagship hits Korea next month, global launch to follow
As expected, the Android 4.0 smartphone has a quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, a 4.7-inch 1280 x 768 IPS display, 2GB RAM, and a 13-megapixel camera.
LG Optimus G Officially Announced: 4.7-Inch Screen, S4 Processor, 2GB RAM, Brings The Sexy Back
The device is due out next month in South Korea, and towards the end of the year for Japan.
- LG Optimus G officially introduced with 4.7-inch display, 1.5GHz quad-core processor
- Tech Ticker
- Optimus G is LG’s Flagship Phone with 1.5GHz Quad-core CPU, 2GB RAM
- Fone Arena
- LG Optimus G with 1.5 GHz quad-core processor, 4.7-inch True HD IPS+ display, Android 4.0 announced
LG Makes its Flagship Optimus G Phone Official -- At Least in Korean
Putting the Korean press release through Google Translate indicates the device should hit Korea in September with a global rollout thereafter.
- LG Optimus G officially announced, includes Dual Screen Dual Play Implementation
- LG Optimus G Announced, Gives The Galaxy S III A Run For Its Money
- LG Optimus G Goes Official with 1.5 GHz Quad-Core CPU, 4.7-Inch Display and LTE
LG Optimus G Finally Goes Official — Quad Core Krait, 2GB RAM, 13MP Camera, 4.7-inch True HD IPS+ Display
The handset is also expected to be available globally by the end of this year.
- GSM Arena
- LG Optimus G becomes official, arriving in Korea next month
- Phone Arena
- LG Optimus G specs revealed as the phone is official
- LG Finally Announces Flagship Optimus G Android Smartphone
- Phones Review
- LG goes official with Optimus G confirms specs
- The Next Web
- LG’s quad-core Optimus G unveiled: Launching in Japan, Korea in September, global by end of 2012
- Know Your Mobile
- 1.5GHz S4 Snapdragon Pro-powered LG Optimus G gets official
- Akihabara News
- LG unveils the Optimus G, the world’s first Snapdragon Quad-Core LTE Smartphone!
- Electric Pig
LG Optimus G details exposed: The hero LG needs?
What it really needs is a noteworthy flagship that can trouble the top tier. And that’s exactly what the LG Optimus G is.
LG Optimus G beast is now official, to hit Korea in September
As usual, the announcement was made via a Korean press release, although a more “sumptuous” unveiling is still expected to happen at the IFA 2012 in Berlin.
- Geeky Gadgets
- LG Optimus G Officially Unveiled With S4 Pro Processor
- GSM Dome
LG Optimus G Now Officially Confirmed, Adopts In Cell Touch Technology
We’re dealing with a smartphone based on a 1.5 GHz quad core Snapdragon S4 Pro APQ8064 CPU, the future hit when it comes to tearing down benchmarks.
- LG Optimus Vu II: A New Device, or an Accessory Kit?
- LG Optimus G: Korean launch set, global launch to follow shortly
- LG launches Optimus G, an LTE smartphone with a quad-core processor
- LG unveils the Optimus G Android smartphone with a 4.7 inch display and quad-core CPU
- Trusted Reviews
- LG Optimus G quad-core Android smartphone revealed
- LG Optimus G with quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro official
- Akihabara News
- NTT DOCOMO Unveils Five New LTE-compatible Smart Devices running Android including the Optimus G!
- LG Debuts Powerful Optimus G Smartphone with LTE
- The Inquirer
- LG announces Optimus G, the first LTE quad-core smartphone
- Mobile Syrup
- LG Optimus G officially announced: a 4.7-inch, 1.5GHz quad-core, LTE smartphone “that stands out in a sea of me-too devices”
LG Optimus G unveiled as quad-core, 4G beast
A little disappointingly the Optimus G will ship with Android Ice Cream Sandwich, which now plays second fiddle to the newer Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update – but we'd expect LG's latest handset to get the upgrade pretty sharpish.
- Mobile Burn
- LG Optimus G is the world's first Qualcomm quad-core smartphone with LTE
- LG Optimus G combines quad core chip and a 4.7-inch display
- Phone Scoop
- LG Shows Off Optimus G with 13MP Camera, Quad-Core Processor
- Digital Trends
- Say hello to the LG Optimus G: A quad-core, LTE, Android powerhouse
LG Optimus G now truly official. It’s the world’s first LTE smartphone with quad-core Snapdragon S4 CPU
e already knew a lot of things about it, including the fact that it features a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro CPU, and LTE connectivity (being the first in the world do so).
- LG announces quad-core LTE Optimus G flagship smartphone
- Android Guys
- LG announces a quad-core LTE beast with Optimus G
- Beta News
- LG Optimus G -- World's first LTE Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core smartphone
- Fierce Wireless
- LG unwraps quad-core, LTE Optimus G 'superphone'
- Droid Life
LG Announces a Beast Phone in the Optimus G – Quad-core Snapdragon, 4.7″ Display, 2GB of RAM, and LTE
The GPU inside (Adreno 320) should also be the best in the business.
- LG Unveils LTE Smartphone Optimus G with Snapdragon S4 Pro Quadcore Processor
- Coolest Gadgets
LG Optimus G is first LTE smartphone with quad-core Snapdragon processor in the world
Since it is the first LTE device in the world that features Qualcomm’s Snapdragon S4 Pro Quad-Core processor, you can be sure that the LG Optimus G will be the prime example for all future flagship handsets from the good people at LG.
- Hot Cellular Phone
- LG Unveils Optimus G, World’s First LTE Smartphone With Snapdragon Quad-Core
LG Optimus G Gets Official with Quad-Core Power and LTE Speeds
The long name in the processor doesn’t only allow blazing speeds but also provides LTE support on the same chip.
- Into Mobile
LG finally confirms existence of the Optimus G — it’s official people!
LG has decided to the come clean on its superphone dubbed the Optimus G.
- Android Tapp
- LG Optimus G
- LG Announces Optimus G Android Flagship
- Mobile Magazine
- LG’s Super-Powerful Quad-Core Smartphone, the Optimus G, is Official
- Android Community
LG Optimus G gets official with quad-core, 2GB RAM, and True HD IPS+ Display
This Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core packing device also has 2GB of RAM, a 13 megapixel camera, and 4G LTE connectivity.
LG officially Announced The Optimus G Featuring Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core
Last night LG has officially announced the device. It features LG’s new Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core.