LG has finally taken the wraps off the Optimus G in an official announcement made today in Seoul, South Korea. The Optimus G is LG's latest flagship smartphone and features a 1.5GHz quad-core CPU, 2GB of RAM, 32GB internal storage and 4G LTE. Its list of wireless features includes Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, NFC, and GPS with A-GPS, and its 4.7-inch IPS touchscreen display has a native resolution of 1280x768 pixels.
What Else You Need To Know
- The LG Optimus G uses Qualcomm's quad-core Krait CPU with the Adreno 320 GPU for mobile computing and graphics processing tasks.
- LG plans to start selling the Optimus G in Korea next week for an unlocked price of 999,900 Korean won or about $895 USD.
This is all packed into a handset that's just 8.45mm thin… sure, that's nearly a millimetre thicker than the iPhone 5, but at this level we can't seen anyone really caring.- Gareth Beavis, Tech Radar
- LG launches Optimus G flagship smartphone: quad-core S4 Pro, LTE, 2GB RAM, ICS, 13MP camera
- Android Community
LG Optimus G gets official with S4 Pro quad-core, hits Korea next week
After all the leaks and Qualcomm confirming the device, today in Korea LG has finally taken the sheets off this awesome new smartphone and confirmed it will be arriving in stores starting next week in Korea.
- Mobile Syrup
- LG Optimus G officially launched: 1.5GHz Quad-core, 13MP, LTE, runs Android ICS
- Fone Arena
- LG Optimus G announced: powered by quad core Snapdragon S4 Pro, 2GB RAM
- Droid Life
LG Ready to Launch the Optimus G for Korea With New UX Next Week, Rest of the Globe in October
It has been a while since LG produced a smartphone that one should get excited over after reading a press release, but that’s exactly what we have with the Optimus G, their newest flagship device.
- Phone Scoop
LG Outs Optimus G with 13MP Camera and Quad-Core Snapdragon
LG today announced the Optimus G, a new flagship smartphone that boasts a 13-megapixel camera.
- Digital Trends
- LG debuts Optimus G with cross-tasking and 13-megapixel camera (Hands-on pics)
- LG Officially Launches Optimus G, Coming to Korea Next Week First
- Hot Cellular Phone
- LG Outs Optimus G with 13MP Camera and Quad-Core Snapdragon
LG officially launches LG Optimus G
Aside from its impressive specifications, it also promises a new user interface that introduces a concept called cross-tasking.
- Phone Arena
- LG Optimus G with its Snapdragon S4 CPU brings one dandy “Living Without Boundaries” experience
- The Next Web
LG launches the Optimus G in Korea, rolling out globally from October
LG’s Optimus G has been the subject of much rumor and speculation and, having clarified the chatter last month, the firm has provided more details and officially outed the device, which will hit retail stores in Korea next week.
LG Optimus G Announced; Comes With S4 Pro, 2 GB RAM, 13 MP Camera
LG Optimus G features a 4.7 inch WXGA True HD IPS PLUS display, sporting a resolution of 1280 x 768 pixels, Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) OS, Optimus UI 3.0, 1.5 GHz quad-core processor, 13 megapixel rear-facing camera with auto-focus and LED flash, full HD (1080p) video recording and playback, 1.3 megapixel front-facing camera for video calls, NFC (Near Field Communication) and much more.
- LG Optimus G and its quad-core processor hitting Korea next week, key global markets in October
- Dialed In
LG unveils Optimus G, featuring NFC and quad-core Snapdragon
LG's new flagship smartphone will sport a 4.7-inch WXGA screen and 13-megapixel rear-facing camera.
- LG’s Flagship Optimus G Gets Official: 4.7″ 720p, Quad Core, 2 GB Of RAM.
LG Optimus G officially launched
The new handset, which was announced last month, features a quad-core chip from its pals over at Qualcomm, with the Krait S4 Pro chip making an appearance, along with LTE connection speeds.
- Into Mobile
LG Optimus G is officially a go – Coming to Korean markets next week
LG went to great lengths to make the Optimus G the best smartphone it could produce this moment in time, and now it’s finally official.
- LG Optimus G Now Official, Lands in Korea Next Week
LG Optimus G goes on sale in Korea next week, in other markets next month
Unlike Samsung’s latest smartphone (the Galaxy Note II), the LG Optimus G won’t run Android 4.1 Jelly Bean from day one, but Android 4.0 ICS
- LG Announces Optimus G, Its Android Flagship
- Coolest Gadgets
- LG Optimus G is their latest flagship device
- LG Launches Optimus G Smartphone with 4G LTE, Quad-Core Snapdragon CPU
- Mobile Burn
- LG Optimus G announced again, sheds more light on software features for quad-core phones
- LG announces quad-core Optimus G with LTE, 2GB of RAM and 13MP camera