Lenovo unleashed powerful Windows 8 ultrabooks that convert to tablets by flipping, folding, twisting, or turning. The Chinese PC maker is offering the 11-inch, quad-core IdeaPad Yoga ($799), a 13-inch, Intel-powered IdeaPad Yoga ($1,099), the IdeaTab Lynx ($599 + $149 for optional keyboard), and the ThinkPad Twist ($849). The Yoga 13 and ThinkPad Twist will be available October 26th. The Yoga 11 and IdeaPad Lynx will arrive December.
What Else You Need To Know
- The IdeaPad Yoga 13 features a 13.3-inch display that can move 360 degrees and fold from laptop to tablet, Dolby Home Theater audio system, the latest generation Intel Core processor, and full-featured Windows 8.
- The IdeaPad Yoga 11 sports an 11.6-inch rotating and foldable display, quad-core NVIDIA Tegra 3 processor, 13 hours of battery life, and Windows RT (the version of Windows 8 that's unable to run legacy/desktop software).
- The ThinkPad Twist has a 12.5-inch display that can be twisted and pushed down to convert the device to a tablet and is touted as a full-performance ultrabook, offering large storage, optional 3G, Windows 8 Pro operating system, and a full-sized keyboard.
- The IdeaTab Lynx touts an 11.6-inch display, and promises a full-function PC experience with its full keyboard and full-sized USB port via its base.
There are a few drawbacks, though. The 11-inch's keyboard isn't up to Lenovo's usual awesome standards. It's a little too undersized, and not comfortable to type on- Kyle Wagner, Gizmodo
Yoga is one of the more simplistic, and practical, hybrid devices. It looks like a regular clamshell ultrabook and turns into a tablet by folding the screen back 360 degrees.- Alexandra Chang, Wired
Lenovo's Yoga Ultrabook-Tablet Hybrid Will Also Come in 11-Inch Form
There are a few drawbacks, though. The 11-inch's keyboard isn't up to Lenovo's usual awesome standards. It's a little too undersized, and not comfortable to type on
Bring on the Hybrids: Lenovo Reveals Slew of Convertible Windows 8 Devices
Yoga is one of the more simplistic, and practical, hybrid devices. It looks like a regular clamshell ultrabook and turns into a tablet by folding the screen back 360 degrees.
Lenovo IdeaTab Lynx and Twist introduced as Yoga 11 and 13 finalized
The Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga is a lovely rather-bendy converting notebook-to-tablet that we saw back at CES 2012 – both an 11-inch and a 13-inch version of this device are appearing today with assurances for launch side two new guns in the industry as well.
- Lenovo Introduces The IdeaPad Yoga 11 and 13, The First Tablet & Laptop Ultrabook Hybrid
Lenovo Updates The ThinkPad Tablet & Laptop Hybrid With The ThinkPad Twist, A $849 12.5″ Ultrabook
At the press event, Lenovo stated that they want to become the first PC maker in the world. We’ll see if they will achieve that status with those new models.
New Lenovo Windows 8 Yoga, Lynx and Twist tablets want to twist, flip, fold, and turn to your heart
Lenovo is hoping Windows 8 users will want to flip, fold, twist, and turn there way through the new operating system when it launches at the end of the month.
Lenovo IdeaPad Lynx Convertible Tablet Announced
The tablet portion of the Lynx weighs in at 1.41 pounds, just a little lighter than Apple’s new iPad.
- TabletPC Review
- Lenovo ThinkPad Twist Will Be a Convertible Tablet PC
- TabletPC Review
- Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 11 and Yoga 13 To Offer Windows 8 in a Unique Design
- Tech Radar
Lenovo introduces Windows 8-powered ThinkPad Twist, IdeaTab Lynx
Lenovo unleashed a plethora of multi-mode Windows 8 devices Tuesday, calling them a "touch-optimized family."
- Lenovo Yoga in 2 sizes, Lynx, and Twist Windows 8 convertibles coming
- PC World
- Lenovo shows off Windows 8 gear: Tablets, RT convertible laptops, and Ultraportables
- Lenovo launches four convertable Windows 8 devices
- Lenovo has Windows 8 convertibles covered with Yoga, Lynx and Twist
- Lenovo's lineup of Windows 8 convertibles
- Lenovo Ideapad Yoga 13 video demo
- Lenovo IdeaTab Lynx pictures and hands-on