Australian retailer Kogan is making technology more affordable for everyone Down Under by unleashing an Android phone with a massive five-inch display and a super-low $150 price tag. As expected with the price, the Kogan Agora 50 doesn't have the high-end specs found in the super-phones from well known brands like HTC and Samsung. The dual-SIM Agora just supports a resolution of 800 x 480 (186ppi) display, which fails to match the retina screens of other phablets, and sports just a dual-core CPU when the likes of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 are already powered by quad-core chips. The Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich-running Agora is currently available for pre-order on Kogan's website and ships February 14th.
What Else You Need To Know
- The Agora features decent specs overall: dual-SIM slot, a dual-core 1 GHz Cortex-A9, CPU, a half gig of RAM, 4GB of on-board storage, microSD slot for additional storage, a microUSB port, 5-MP and 0.3-MP shooters, and a 2,000 mAh battery.
- Kogan's website points out that the Agora is almost 80% cheaper than the Galaxy Note and the iPhone 4S.
Those specs should tell you that the Agora isn't aimed at the high end, but despite that, the build quality is solid.- Jamie Rigg, Engadget
Kogan Agora phablet hands-on (video)
Those specs should tell you that the Agora isn't aimed at the high end, but despite that, the build quality is solid. The square handset looks alright, too. We liked the dimpled back panel and prominent metal Kogan logo, as well as the shiny dark grey rim holding it all together.
- Geeky Gadgets
Kogan Agora 5 Inch Android Smartphone Launched, Retails For £119
The Kogan Agora comes with 512MB of RAM and features 4GB of built in memory, there is also a microSD card slot that can take up to 32GB cards, plus a microUSB port and a 2,000 mAh battery.
Kogan Agora Dual-SIM Phablet with 5.0-Inch Display Arriving in the UK on February 14
The smartphone sports an impressive 5.0-inch LCD capacitive touchscreen display that supports 480 x 800 pixels resolution and 186ppi.
- The Inquirer
- CES: Kogan unveils the Agora, a 5in Android smartphone costing £119
- Kogan unveils low-cost, dual-SIM Agora phone
Kogan Agora Is A Budget “Phablet” With Noteworthy Design
While that doesn’t seem all that good, it’s really impressive for a device that’s only $149. If you’re on a budget, this could really be a good option
Kogan Agora 5.0-Inch Dual-SIM Phablet Up for Pre-Order for Only $150/€120
Those who are not looking for the ultimate smartphone will be able to purchase the Agora for only $150/€120 outright, which is a real bargain if we take into consideration all the features it has to offer.
- Kogan to ship cut-price Agora 50 Android phablet in February
- Kogan releases super-cheap dual-SIM Android phone
- Kogan unveils a dual-SIM 'phablet' for just $158
- Kogan unveils the new dual-SIM Agora, probably the cheapest 5-incher in the world
- Android Community
- Kogan Agora launches as a dual-SIM Android 4.0.4 device priced at $149
- GSM Dome
- Dual SIM Plus Android 4.0.4 in One Kogan Made Smartphone