Amazon posted an ad saying that even though the Kindle Fire HD's screen is 9 inches smaller than the Apple iPad mini's 7.9-inch screen, the Amazon tablet has a stunning HD display with 30 percent more pixels than iPad mini. It insists that the Kindle Fire HD can handle HD movies and TV but the Apple tablet cannot. Amazon also notes that the Kindle Fire HD as having 216 pixels per inch compared with the iPad mini's 163ppi, as well as having dual stereo speakers while the miniature iPad just has a mono speaker. The online retailer further points out that the Kindle Fire HD costs only $199, which is nearly 40 percent less than the iPad mini's starting price of $329.
What Else You Need To Know
- Available since October 25th, the 7-inch Kindle Fire HD has 16GB of storage, a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor with Imagination PowerVR 3D graphics, 1280 x 800 HD or 215 ppi resolution, dual stereo speakers, dual-band antennas for faster Wi-Fi, a front facing HD camera, 13.9-ounce weight, and customized software based on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
- Coming November 2nd, the iPad mini features a 7.9-inch screen with a resolution 1024 x 768 (163 pixels per inch), Apple dual-core A5 chip, iOS 6 operating system, the Siri voice assistant app, 1.2MP front-facing FaceTime HD camera, and 5MP rear iSight camera.
It looks like the mini’s aggressive sales have spooked Amazon, inspiring the Seattle-based company to release a new advertisement for the Kindle Fire HD, which has a decidedly anti-Apple slant.- Juli, Pad Gadget
Both devices do have their own shortcomings. Amazon happens to tout its device’s strength and point out iPad mini’s weaknesses.- P.Rad, Best eBook Readers
- Kindle Fire HD v. the iPad mini
Amazon posts $274 million loss for Q3 2012, compares iPad mini with Kindle Fire tablets in earnings press release
Sure, the Kindle Fire tablets are best sellers, according to Amazon, but the company never tells us how many units they sell. Not to mention that they’re all sold at cost, so there are hardly any direct profits for the company there.
- Amazon mentions Ipad Mini in its financials
- Tech Radar
- Amazon disses iPad mini amid glowing financial results
- Amazon Gets Feisty, Updates Homepage To Talk Smack On The iPad Mini
- Android Central
- Copy editing Amazon's Kindle Fire vs. iPad mini ad
Amazon’s Homepage Skewers iPad Mini [PIC]
Underneath the quote, a bold headline reading, "Much More for Much Less" implies that consumers can get a better quality device for less with the Kindle Fire HD than with the iPad
Kindle Fire HD vs iPad mini ad campaign gets prime placement: Amazon.com
Now the company has placed that Kindle Fire HD vs iPad mini comparison right on top of its front page – and since Amazon.com is the biggest retailer in the world, that’s quite a prime placement.
Amazon slams iPad mini in Kindle Fire HD attack ad
The comparison, seen when you first visit Amazon’s US site, contrasts the $199 Kindle Fire HD with its 216ppi, 7-inch display against the $329 iPad mini, which has a 163ppi display. That’s not the only shortcoming, Amazon maintains.
Fight! Amazon Takes the Gloves off Against Apple’s iPad Mini
It looks like the mini’s aggressive sales have spooked Amazon, inspiring the Seattle-based company to release a new advertisement for the Kindle Fire HD, which has a decidedly anti-Apple slant.
- Amazon takes dig at Apple over iPad mini
- Best eBook Readers
Amazon Mocks iPad Mini, Quake III Running on NOOK
Both devices do have their own shortcomings. Amazon happens to tout its device’s strength and point out iPad mini’s weaknesses.
- Amazon lashes out at Apple's Ipad Mini in homepage ad
- Kindle Fire HD vs iPad Mini – Challenge Started by Amazon
- Amazon attacks Apple again, says $199 Fire HD sales were boosted by iPad mini unveiling
- Amazon mocks iPad mini on its website
- Amazon opens fire at iPad mini
- Amazon compares Kindle Fire HD to iPad mini, forgets some key specs
- Best eBook Readers
- Amazon Makes Mistake in Kindle Fire iPad Mini Comparison