Walmart is giving huge discounts on Apple's latest-generation iPhone. Pricing the iPhone 5 at $199 on a two-year contract at launching in September, Apple sold three million units of its first smartphone with 4G LTE support and 4-inch screen in the first three days. Starting December 17th, Walmart is selling the device for only $127 on a two-year pact with AT&T, Verizon or Sprint. The move follows announcements by RadioShack, Target and BestBuy to offer $50 discounts on the iPhone 5.
What Else You Need To Know
- The iPhone 5 features a high-resolution, 4-inch screen, LTE support, and an A6 processor that offers twice the performance, and is 20% lighter than its predecessor.
- The one-year-old iPhone 4S, which was cut to just $99.99 following the release of the newest iPhone, is now available at Walmart for only $47 on a two-year contract. Best Buy earlier cut pricing of the device to $49.99.
- Pricing of the Wi-Fi only, 16 GB fourth generation iPad, which was unveiled by Apple in late October and which features a Retina display and a new A6X chip, has been reduced from $499 to $399 at Walmart.
These discounts are likely only available for a limited time, so anyone who wants the iPhone 5 or iPad fourth generation at these prices should buy quickly.- Shawn Ingram, GottaBeMobile
If you’re looking for an even lower price than a $127 Walmart iPhone 5, consider a refurbished iPhone 5 which over at AT&T starts at just $99, though quantities are fairly limited.- Christian Zibreg, iPhone Download Blog
Walmart preps sales for iPhone 5 and 4S, fourth-gen iPad
Walmart's discounts may be meant to trump iPhone sales at Best Buy and RadioShack. The iPad sale is unique though, substantially below what most retailers are offering.
- iPhone Download Blog
Walmart discounts iPhone 5 to just $127, starting December 17
If you’re looking for an even lower price than a $127 Walmart iPhone 5, consider a refurbished iPhone 5 which over at AT&T starts at just $99, though quantities are fairly limited.
- iPhone Hacks
- Walmart Discounting the iPhone 5: It’s Going to Pay to Shop Around
- Phone Arena
- Walmart to sell Apple iPhone 5 for $127 starting December 17th
- Mobile Magazine
Walmart and Target to Offer Bargains on Apple Products Starting Next Week
Included are plans to slash the iPad $100 from $499 to $399. Even better, it includes a $30 iTunes gift card with purchase.
- iPhone 5 being offered for $127, fourth generation iPad for $399 at Walmart stores
iPhone 5 Drops to $127, iPad 4 to $399 at Walmart Starting Today
Walmart is currently the store with the deepest discounts of Apple products. Starting today Walmart’s iPhone 5 deal cuts the price to $127. This is a savings of $73 over Apple, and beats the recent Best Buy iPhone 5 deal by $23.
- Business Insider SAI
Walmart Is Selling The iPhone 5 For Just $127 (AAPL, WMT)
That said, for investors worried about iPhone sales, this isn't a great sign. If demand was strong, Walmart probably wouldn't need discounts.
- Walmart Offering Awesome Discounts on iOS Devices iPhone 5 and iPad 4
- Android Central
- Get great deals on iPhones and iPads at Best Buy, RadioShack, and Walmart
- Wal-Mart selling Apple's iPhone 5 at big discount
- Walmart Selling iPhone 5 for $127 and 4th-Gen iPad for $399
- Walmart Knocking $100 Off iPad 4 Price?
- iPhone Savior
- Walmart Insanely Discounts iPhone 5 and iPad
- Walmart offering iPhone 5 for $127, 4S for $47, iPad for $399