Not only would the iPad mini be smaller and cheaper than the full-sized iPad, it may be slicker. Tokepa analyst Brian White, who claism to have corresponded with component suppliers during his trips to Taipei, said the 7.85-inch iPad could outshine the new iPad in terms of how the device feels in a consumer's hands. Apple's latest mobile device, the iPhone 5, didn't recycle the design of its predecessor, and the iPad mini could have the same fate and also take advantage of a 16:9 aspect ratio screen. Rumors say that the iPad mini would mimic the design as well as the anodized aluminum backing of the iPhone 5.
What Else You Need To Know
- Apple is rumored to be sending invites October 17th for an iPad mini event October 24th.
- The iPad mini is expected to have a 7.85-inch display, a lower resolution than the iPad 3's highly touted 2048 x 1536 Retina resolution, a nano-SIM tray for 3G or 4G LTE connectivity, and cheaper than the $499 entry-level iPad.
- An earlier report by the Wall Street Journal said that Apple has ordered 10 million units of the iPad mini for the fourth quarter of the year. Apple sold 17 million full-sized iPads in the quarter ended June 30, 2012.
- The iPad mini would compete with top budget tablets Amazon Kindle Fire and Google Nexus 7, which are priced starting at $199 and each having a 7-inch display.
Chatter from Apple’s overseas supply chain indicates that the company has not been cutting corners in its efforts to keep the iPad’s diminutive sibling price-competitive with what will surely be its two greatest rivals in the 7-inch tablet space, Google’s Nexus 7 and Amazon’s Kindle Fire.- John Paczkowski, AllThingsD
With strong competitors like the Google Nexus 7 or Amazon’s Kindle Fire, Apple is bound not to cut corners with their device and make it close to perfection when it comes to design, specs and price.- Mircea, Tablet News
iPad Mini Design "Could Outshine the New iPad"
Chatter from Apple’s overseas supply chain indicates that the company has not been cutting corners in its efforts to keep the iPad’s diminutive sibling price-competitive with what will surely be its two greatest rivals in the 7-inch tablet space, Google’s Nexus 7 and Amazon’s Kindle Fire.
- Tech Radar
- Apple orders 10m iPad Minis, say component makers
iPad mini design said to be even more gorgeous than the new iPad
Early leaks of the iPad mini suggest that the tablet will feature black anodized aluminum casing and a 7.85-inch display that features thinner side bezels than the standard iPad model.
- Cell Phone Signal
- The iPad Mini Could Look Even Better Than The iPad (AAPL)
- Analyst Says The ‘iPad Mini’ Will Outshine The New iPad Aesthetically
iPad Mini Design Could Be Slicker Than the New iPad
This comes on the heels of an earlier report which claimed that Apple had put in an order of 10 million iPad Minis ahead of the device’s release date which is rumored to be in early November.
Rumor Roundup: iPad mini-maxing
If anything, Apple redirecting OS X users to its smartphone rival's website during Mac-based searches makes the case that Apple sees its own Maps as a necessarily mobile-only effort.
The Design of the Upcoming iPad Mini Could Outdo That of the New iPad
With strong competitors like the Google Nexus 7 or Amazon’s Kindle Fire, Apple is bound not to cut corners with their device and make it close to perfection when it comes to design, specs and price.
- Cell Phone Signal
The Most Convincing iPad Mini Leaked Photos We've Seen Yet (AAPL)
The iPad Mini has a much smaller footprint than the full-sized iPad. The smaller Lightning connector compared to the original iPad connector. A closer look at the new dock connector.
New iPad mini mockup provides the closest look yet at Apple’s next ‘magical’ tablet
Apple is reportedly ordering 10 million iPad mini to meet the expected holiday demand.
iPad Mini Reportedly Doesn’t Skimp on Design
It has been widely speculated that Apple plans to release the smaller tablet this month with a price tag of between $250 and $299. If Apple is planning on making a tablet that is just as good as the 10-inch iPad, how could they possibly sell it for so cheap?
Is This The iPad Mini? [PICS]
Placed beside a third-generation iPad in the photos, you can really see how the size difference between the two tablets will come into play.
- iPad mini could push total holiday iPad sales to nearly 30 million
- iPad mini pics published on Twitter
- Zagg Already Selling Invisible Shield Protectors for iPad Mini
- iPad mini: rounding up the rumors
- More Alleged iPad Mini Photos Leaked
- iPad mini visualized in bright color renderings
- Apple iPad mini getting closer to reality