iPad mini with 4G LTE pre-orders are live at the Apple Store, and, based on pre-order confirmation, the smaller iPad would only reach doorsteps by November 23rd, the Friday after Thanksgiving. The 4G LTE-ready iPad mini, which will run on the high-speed 4G LTE networks from Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T, is priced at $629 (16 GB of storage), $729 (32GB) and $829 (64GB). Many current iPad users rarely use their devices' cellular capabilities but the 7.9-inch screen real estate is mobile or compact enough to be carried by owners everywhere they go.
What Else You Need To Know
- Tablet data plans are sold separately. The networks offer an array of data plans of $10 to $50 a month to connect the iPad mini to 4G LTE.
- The iPad mini's nano-SIM card is not compatible with existing micro-SIM cards in the full-sized iPad.
- The iPad mini features a 7.9-inch screen with a resolution 1024 x 768 (163 pixels per inch), Apple dual-core A5 chip, iOS 6 operating system, the Siri voice assistant app, 1.2MP front-facing FaceTime HD camera, and 5MP rear iSight camera.
- Retailers and device-makers usually offer promotional sales on Black Friday to kick off the holiday shopping season. Last year, Apple's Black Friday deals included a 16 GB iPad 2 discounted by $41.
Apple is claiming the tablet has been designed to offer super fast wireless speeds so the onus now is on the carriers to ensure the device live up to what Apple has intended them to be.- Sovan Mandal, Good E-Reader
United States carriers’ 4G LTE networks are relatively immature compared to their 3G networks in the United States.- Xavier Lanier, GottaBeMobile
iPad Mini and new iPad look headed to EE's 4G network
The new iPad Mini is about one-quarter thinner and half as light as the last generation of full-size iPad, according to Apple.
- Good E-Reader
iPad Mini Coming To Verizon, AT&T, Sprint
Apple is claiming the tablet has been designed to offer super fast wireless speeds so the onus now is on the carriers to ensure the device live up to what Apple has intended them to be
- Phone Scoop
Sprint rolls out new 4G tablet data plans November 11th, likely just in time for new(er) iPad, iPad mini
As you'll recall, Verizon and AT&T's offerings include 2GB/$30 (3GB/$30 on AT&T), 5GB/$50 and on Verizon, 10GB/$80 packages.
- iPad mini WiFI + Cellular is an Apple Black Friday Surprise
iPad mini 4G LTE: AT&T vs Verizon vs Sprint
United States carriers’ 4G LTE networks are relatively immature compared to their 3G networks in the United States.
iPad mini with 4G LTE won’t arrive until November 21st at the earliest
As with the Wi-Fi models, the iPad mini is available in 16, 32 and 64GB models for $459, $559 and $659, respectively.