Huawei confirmed it would unveil at the CES 2013 several new smartphones, including the Ascend D2, an Android smartphone with a 5-inch 1080p display. At the CES 2013, which is slated for January 8th to 11th in Las Vegas, the Chinese company will also introduce the Ascend W1, its first Windows Phone 8 device. Huawei has bolder plans in the second half of next year, with Chief Marketing Officer Shao Yang saying that that the company is releasing a device that's better than the ones offered by Apple and Samsung.
What Else You Need To Know
- Although Huawei has not confirmed the specs, the Ascend D2 is expected to have a 1.5 GHz quad-core processor, Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, 13MP camera with LED flash, 1.3 MP front-facing camera and a 3000 mAh battery.
- The Ascend W1 is expected to sport low-end specs, which include a 4-inch (800 x 480 pixels) display, dual-core 1.2 GHz processor, 512 MB of RAM, 5MP camera, and a 2,000 mAh battery.
- Rival device-makers slated to introduce new 5-inch full HD smartphones at the CES include Samsung, Sony, LG, and ZTE.
Is Huawei the next big player in the smartphone races or a budget specialist getting above its station?- Luke Johnson, Trusted Reviews
The first is the Ascend W1, a Windows Phone 8 device that will reportedly be available for the low-cost of $240 (USD) – so if this launches in Canada it’ll probably be around the $300 mark.- Ian Hardy, Mobile Syrup
- Huawei promises handset to top Apple, Samsung in 2013
- Huawei to unveil Ascend D2 flagship and WP8 Ascend W1 at CES 2013
- Huawei's Ascend W1 and D2 confirmed for CES, Richard Yu expresses worry over the latter
- Geeky Gadgets
- Huawei Ascend W1 And D2 To Launch At CES 2013
- Fone Arena
- Huawei to unveil Ascend D2 with 5-inch 1080p display and Ascend W1 at CES 2013
- Phone Arena
- Huawei Ascend D2 and Ascend W1 will be on display at CES 2013
- Huawei Confirms Ascend W1′s Announcement at CES
- Phones Review
- Huawei to showcase Ascend D2 and W1 at CES 2013
- Android Community
- Huawei Ascend D2 image leak shows the Emotion UI
- Android Guys
- Pictures of Huawei Ascend D2 leak ahead of CES unveiling
- Huawei Ascend D2 to Arrive at CES with New Interface, High-End Specs
- Huawei confirms Ascend D2 and W1 for CES
- Huawei Ascend D2 pictures and specifications revealed?
- Huawei Ascend D2 smartphone outed in photos revealing 5-inch display
- Huawei Ascend D2 press image leaked to the net
- GSM Arena
- Huawei Ascend D2 press shot pops up, to join the W1 at CES 2013
- Mobile Syrup
- Huawei Ascend D2 and Ascend W1 will officially be shown off at CES
- Trusted Reviews
- Huawei Ascend D2 leaks ahead of CES 2013 unveiling