Huawei has released a new 7-inch tablet that's more expensive than the $200 Google Nexus 7 and the Amazon Kindle Fire assuming that the price remains the same as it is at the other side of the Atlantic. The Huawei MediaPad 7 though has better features in several fronts: the device's 3G enabled while also being WiFi and Bluetooth ready, comes with a slim metal unibody construction, has a 5MP rear camera along with a 1.3MP front camera, has a microSD slot for additional memory, and allows sending text messages. The device is already available in Europe for 249 Euro (US $312).
What Else You Need To Know
- Other specs of the MediaPad 7 include a 1.2GHz ARM Cortex A8 processor, 1GB of RAM, 8GB of internal memory, 7-inch IPS display with 1024 x 600 resolution, and Android 4.0 ICS operating system.
- At the IFA, Huawei also unveiled the MediaPad 10 FHD, a 10-inch tablet with an IPS LCD 1920 x 1200 display, 1.2 GHz quad-core processor, 8-MP rear camera that can record 1080p video, and 5.1 Dolby surround sound.
So its upto the consumers to decide if they’d prefer the Nexus 7 that costs less and has less features or the MediaPad 7 that costs more and has more features.- Sovan Mandal, Good E-Reader
- Good E-Reader
Huawei MediaPad 7 Lite Set For European Debut In October For 249 Euros
[It's] upto the consumers to decide if they’d prefer the Nexus 7 that costs less and has less features or the MediaPad 7 that costs more and has more features.
IFA 2012: Huawei unveils six “new” Android devices, including the D1 Quad XL and MediaPad 10 FHD
The special ICS-dedicated Emotion overlay has again been shown off by Huawei, even though we’ve seen it before a number of times.
Huawei MediaPad 10 FHD will ship globally in September
Huawei says that the tablet will come to other countries following the launch in the places I just mentioned. Presumably, one of those other countries will include the US, but that is unconfirmed.
- PC World
- Huawei Previews Emotion UI for Smartphones, Ships Tablets
- PC World
- Huawei Previews New Emotion UI for Smartphones, Starts Shipping New Tablet Devices
Huawei Launching MediaPad7 Lite and MediaPad 10 FHD in September
The The Huawei MediaPad 7 Lite will become available in South Africa, China, Russia, the Philippines, and Taiwan before the end of August, and in Indonesia and Malaysia from September.
- Chip Chick
- Huawei IFA 2012 Phone and Tablet Tour (Video)
- All About Symbian
Huawei MediaPad 10 FHD with 1920 x 1200 display, quad-core coming in September
The MediaPad 10 FHD W-Fi tablet is available now in China, and Huawei will be launching both the WiFi and a 3G/4G LTE version in September although pricing and final details have yet to be announced.
- Huawei finally makes the MediaPad 7 Lite official, now we know the specs
- TabletPC Review
- Huawei Unveils Ultra-Portable MediaPad 7 Lite
- Android Central
- Huawei MediaPad 10 FHD to begin shipping in September
- Android Central
- Hands on with the Huawei MediaPad 7 Lite