An unknown HTC Android smartphone has just been outed via leaked pictures snagged by the guys over at The Verge. The unknown smartphone is being referred to as the HTC Proto, and is supposedly going to launch very soon with mid-range features. These include a 4-inch WVGA touchscreen display, 1GHz Snapdragon processor, and 5-megapixel camera.
What Else You Need To Know:
- The HTC Proto is currently tagged as the HTC One V's Android-powered successor.
Can’t really tell why this is pegged as a One V successor, since it doesn’t have the famous chin.- Radu Iorga, GSM Dome
- HTC Proto Revealed in Pictures, Launch Is Imminent
- GSM Arena
HTC 'Proto' images leak, looks like the Desire V
It is said that this will be the successor to the HTC One V in the international markets, and has a 4-inch, WVGA display, 5 megapixel camera and a dual-core 1GHz Snapdragon processor in a 9.62mm thick body.
- HTC Proto images start to appear
- Know Your Mobile
- Mid-range HTC Proto leaked ahead of official unveiling
- Geeky Gadgets
Images of the HTC Proto surface
The HTC Proto is expected to be a “refresh” of the HTC One V with some key specs getting a nudge up.
- HTC Proto is a Desire V with a dual-core CPU. Images leaked
HTC still stuck in homogeneity with ‘Proto’
Looking at the specs alone, this could be another One series candidate.
- Pictures of New HTC Device Emerge
- HTC Proto in prototype photo leak
- GSM Dome
- HTC Proto Gets Pictured, Apparently It’s a HTC One V Successor
- HTC Proto Pictures Spotted in the Wild
- Android Police
- Recently Leaked HTC Proto Isn't A New Device At All - It's The Already-Released Desire V (With One Small Change)
- Dialed In
- HTC Proto, if real, won't help HTC regain the Android crown
- HTC Budget “Proto” Phone Appears in Leaked Picture
- HTC Proto Leaked Press Photo And Specs Emerge