Yesterday, rumors about HTC's plans to completely ditch Beats Audio integration for their latest phones started to spread. There was speculation that perhaps HTC was going to stop bundling Beats headphones with their handsets in order to bring the prices down. But HTC was quick to come out with a denial, saying that the company "remains strongly committed to Beats Audio and including their innovation in our devices." According to an HTC spokesperson, "Any rumor of HTC no longer integrating Beats Audio into our devices is categorically false."
What Else You Need To Know:
- In an interview with the Wall Street Journal over two months ago, HTC CEO Peter Chou was adamant that the company did not have plans to reduce prices or offer low-priced models in order to avoid destroying their premium brand image.
There you have it: it may be a gimmick, but Beats is huge marketing advantage over other OEMs.- Daniel Bader, Mobile Syrup
- HTC: Beats Isn’t Going Anywhere
- Know Your Mobile
- HTC could slash handset prices but isn’t dumping Beats Audio
HTC strenuously denies ditching Beats Audio integration
HTC has already stopped bundling Beats headphones with its handsets, supposedly down to network complications.
- HTC Releases an Official Statement that Beats Audio will remain on HTC devices
Rumor dismissed, HTC isn’t killing Beats Audio in future Devices
Those of you that love the Beats software integration will continue to do so in your future HTC device purchases.
- HTC Denies Separation from Beats Audio, Still Integrated In Smartphones
- Don’t Worry. Beats Branded HTC Devices Aren’t Going Anywhere
- Mobile Syrup
- Beats Audio not going anywhere, says HTC
- HTC Responds: Beats Audio Not Going Anywhere
- Dialed In
- HTC: Rumors of Beats removal 'categorically false'
- HTC says it won’t drop Beats Audio tech in cost cutting move