After the highly anticipated HTC M7 failed to show up at the CES trade show early this month, pundits have been expecting that the super-phone would be showcased at next month's Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. Now reports are saying that HTC's upcoming flagship would be launched in London on February 19th, a week ahead of the MWC. The Android-running device would be the first to feature HTC Sense 5.0, which offers an easier to use UI, a redesigned lock-screen and HTC apps.
What Else You Need To Know
- Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint are offering the M7, according to the reports, indicating that T-Mobile would be the lone major U.S. carrier to pass on the launch of HTC's new phone.
- The 4.7-inch HTC M7 is rumored sport impressive specs, including a 1080p, full HD display, 1.7GHz quad-core processor, 13MP rear facing camera, 2MP front facing camera, a metallic unibody design, and an IR port that allows the phone to be used as a universal remote control.
If true, HTC would likely be pulling a move out of Samsung’s book, and using its own press event to promote its flagship smartphone.- Adam Mills, GottaBeMobile
If you ask us, T-Mobile absolutely needs a piece of HTC’s high-end smartphone pie, even if the OEM’s game might have seemed a bit off lately.- Adrian Diaconescu, Android Authority
- Phone Arena
- HTC M7 coming to Verizon, Sprint and AT&T?
Rumor: HTC M7 heading to Verizon, AT&T and Sprint, but not T-Mobile
As for the three US carriers supposedly “confirmed” to sell the M7, we have to say we’re a bit surprised of Verizon. Big Red has always been tight with HTC, but do the carrier’s customers really need a sized down version of the Droid DNA with just a few extra muscles? After all, the 5-incher has only started selling last November.
- Phones Review
- HTC M7 likely to be Verizon, AT&T and Sprint-bound
- HTC M7 Possibly Coming to Verizon, AT&T and Sprint
- The HTC M7 May Be Coming To Verizon Wireless, AT&T, And Sprint
- HTC M7 Rumored For Every Major Carrier…Except For T-Mobile?
- Rumor: HTC M7 Confirmed For Every Major Carrier…Except For T-Mobile?
- Android Guys
- T-Mobile the only carrier not confirmed to offer HTC M7
- Droid Life
- HTC M7 Headed to Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint?
- HTC M7 to be announced before MWC 2013, on February 19? AT&T rumored to offer it
- GSM Dome
- HTC M7 Rumored Again for a Closer Announcement Date Also on AT&T
- Phone Arena
- HTC M7 introduction might be sooner than you think
- Rumour: HTC M7 to launch ahead of MWC 2013
- Android Community
- HTC M7 rumors suggest a February 19 announcement
- HTC M7 may be announced as early as February 19, less than a week before MWC
- HTC M7 Launch Date Pegged for February 19th
- HTC M7 said to be getting revealed a week ahead of Mobile World Congress
- HTC M7 Might be Announced Sooner than we Expected
- Rumored HTC M7 may finally be an HTC device that launches on all major US carriers
- HTC M7 Reveal Rumored for Week Prior to MWC
- Sony Xperia Z vs. HTC M7 (Rumored)
- T-Mobile back to disappointment, yet again. Not set to carry the HTC M7?
- HTC M7 Reportedly Receives Wi-Fi Certification