HTC is reportedly working on its very own version of the Samsung Galaxy Note, a handheld tablet device with a 5-inch screen that's more commonly known as a "phablet." This upcoming HTC phablet is said to feature a 5-inch full HD resolution screen, which should be quite interesting to see. At the moment, there are only a handful of Android-powered devices toting 1080p screens, so HTC's upcoming phablet will be among a very short list of proud devices. Not much is known about this future device from HTC, except for its processor and graphics features, wihch are as follows: a 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4, and an Adreno 320 GPU. More details are expected to become available in the next few weeks.
What Else You Neeed To Know:
- Although it proved successful, Samsung is discarding the 5-inch phablet form factor for the next-gereration Galaxy Note and opting instead to use a 10.1-inch screen.
HTC has recently admitted that its financial results have dipped, so could a five-inch HD Android smartphone, coupled with an array of Windows Phone 8 devices turn its fortunes around?- Danny Brogan, Pocket-Lint
- HTC To Release 5” Smartphone With 1080p Display
- Tech Ticker
- Rumor: HTC working on a 5-inch smartphone with full HD display, slated for September
- Into Mobile
- HTC working on its own phablet device with a 5-inch screen
- Phones Review
- Verizon HTC 5-inch mystery phone stroke tablet coming
- HTC’s 5-inch Smartphone to Land at Verizon
- HTC to take on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with five-inch display flagship phone
- Know Your Mobile
- HTC working on 5-inch Galaxy Note style smartphone