Hewlett-Packard unveiled the ElitePad 900, its Windows 8-running tablet aimed at business users but should also appeal to consumers. The Intel Clove Trail-powered ElitePad 900 features an aluminum casing, digital pen input, NFC connectivity, optional innovative docking system and expansion sleeves that add functionality and turn the device to a compact desktop, a rugged case for extra protection, and tools to open up the device. The device will arrive in January 2013. HP has not announced the pricing.
What Else You Need To Know
- The ElitePad 900 features 10.1-inch Gorilla Glass display with 1,280 x 800 resolution, 2GB of RAM, 1.5-pound brushed aluminum casing, 1080p-capable webcam, and 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, and SIM slots for the integrated 3G/4G modem, and 10 hours of battery life. Connectors include ethernet, an SD card reader, VGA, HDMI, and USB.
- The device meets the military grade MIL-Spec 810G for dust, splash, and drop resilience.
- The ElitePad features a smartjacket that comes in the form of (i) a productivity jacket, which adds a QWERTY keyboard, various ports, and an SD card reader, or (ii) an expansion jacket, which adds USB, HDMI, and other ports, and can be equipped with a second battery for 6 hours of additional battery life.
Like HP's high-end EliteBook laptops, the ElitePad has a premium look, marked by a machined aluminum back cover and 400-nit IPS display coated in Gorilla Glass.- Dana Wollman, engadget
Many businesses use iPads for some tasks, but Windows is the PC platform of choice for most IT departments, so a Windows tablet like the ElitePad has the homefield advantage.- Peter Pachal, Mashable
HP's ElitePad Is the Awesome-Looking Tablet HP Should Sell to the Masses (But Won't)
As it turns out, that tablet was the ElitePad: a 10-inch, aluminum-cased Windows 8 tablet that has all the makings of something desirable.
HP announces the ElitePad 900, a business-friendly Windows 8 tablet arriving in January
Like HP's high-end EliteBook laptops, the ElitePad has a premium look, marked by a machined aluminum back cover and 400-nit IPS display coated in Gorilla Glass.
- HP unveils ElitePad 900 Windows 8 tablet with unique and versatile ‘Smart Jacket’ system
HP Shows What Windows 8 Tablets for Business Will Look Like [PICS]
Many businesses use iPads for some tasks, but Windows is the PC platform of choice for most IT departments, so a Windows tablet like the ElitePad has the homefield advantage.
- HP ElitePad 900 Windows 8 Tablet Unveiled, Comes With Smart Jacket System
HP ElitePad 900 tablet means business
That display – which also responds to regular finger-touch input – runs at 400-nits, for outdoor usability, and at 1,280 x 800 resolution. Above it there’s a 1080p-capable webcam, while an 8-megapixel camera is on the back, with LED flash, also capable of Full HD video recording.
- Expert Reviews
- HP launches ElitePad 900 enterprise-grade Windows 8 tablet
Mystery HP Windows 8 tablet revealed as the HP ElitePad 900
Despite HP claiming the ElitePad 900 is a tough cookie in its own right, withstanding accidental falls, vibration, dust, extreme temperatures and high altitude, the HP Elite Rugged Case raises the bar further by adding military-grade protection to the tablet.?
- HP ElitePad 900 Windows 8 tablet with “Smart Jackets” unveiled
- HP unveils Windows 8 business tablet, the Elitepad 900
- HP reveals Windows 8 enterprise tablet, the ElitePad 900
- TabletPC Review
- Hands on: HP ElitePad 900 Tablet Brings Windows 8 to Businesses (video)
- TabletPC Review
- HP Announces Business-Focused HP ElitePad 900 Windows 8 Tablet
- Legit Reviews
- HP Unveils Windows 8 Business Tablet - HP ElitePad 900
- PC World
HP shows ElitePad 900 Windows 8 business tablet
nside, HP's Windows 8 tablet runs on an Intel Atom processor with 2GB of RAM, with storage options of 32GB or 64GB. Behind the service door on the back you will find a microSD card slot and one for 3G and 4G SIM cards.
- HP touts 'true' business tablet: HP ElitePad 900
- PC World
HP's Windows 8 tablet has a fatal flaw
Snap lets you run two Metro-style apps side by side, with one of the apps appearing as a slim sidebar along the left edge of the screen.
- Business Insider
- Here's Meg Whitman's New Windows 8 Tablet For Business Users (HPQ)
- Tech Radar
- HP goes after business with ElitePad 900 tablet
- Hands on with the HP ElitePad 900
- HP's ElitePad is missing an elite Windows 8 feature: Snapped view