The Nexus 7, Google’s entry to the tablet market, has landed on US shores and is off to a hot start. Major retailers are already running out of the 7-incher on just the first day of the tablet’s availability. No surprise here given the immense demand for the Nexus 7 since its announcement.
Retailers like GameStop already ripped through their first two allotments of the tablet while New York-based Adorama said that the Nexus 7 has sold out. Pre-orders offered by the two retailers have a tentative ship date of mid-August and this seems to be inline with other retail chains as well.
Google has started shipping units of the highly anticipated Nexus 7 tablet, but multiple retailers said the tablet has sold out and that they are struggling to fill orders.- Agam Shah, PC World
Google Nexus 7 already sold out on first day of availability in the US.- GameStop spokesperson
- Google Ships Nexus 7 Tablet, but Retailers Struggle to Keep up
- Google's Nexus tablet selling fast across retail chains
- Hot start for Nexus 7: Major chains report quick sellouts
- Chip Chick
- Retailers Burning Through Stocks Of Nexus 7 Pre-Orders
- All About Symbian
- Nexus 7 sells out nationwide at most retailers
- Nexus 7 sold out at GameStop, Staples and Sam’s Club on first day
- Google Nexus 7 Tablet Sells Fast Through Retail Chains
- Retailers already selling out of Google’s Nexus 7 tablets
- Good E-Reader
- Google Nexus 7 Off to a Solid Start