Rumors of an upcoming Facebook phone have been around for quite some time now. A new report now reaffirms and even adds a few new details to the same, sparking speculation that this particular smartphone's launch could be closer than most people anticipate. Apparently, the so-called Facebook phone's working codename is simply "Buffy," and it will be built with the use of the Android operating system. Apart from what's written above, there isn't really any information available on the Facebook phone. And there's hardly any real evidence for it either. Still, a lot of people eagerly await its release to be able to fully enjoy a more integrated Facebook experience.
What Else You Need To Know:
- It is said that the Android-powered Facebook phone will be released some time in early 2013.
- HTC has always been the manufacturer named as the future Facebook phone's maker ever since the earliest rumors began to spread.
- Many people strongly believe that having its own phone would greatly help Facebook get a grip on its overall strategy for mobile.
Some think that having its own phone would be a bad idea for Facebook, but I truly believe that it would be targeted at a younger audience and could definitely solve some of the mobile issues that it has experienced.- Drew Olanoff, The Next Web
- The Next Web
- Facebook is working with HTC on a mobile phone for 2013 release, reports Bloomberg
- iPhone Download Blog
- Facebook phone reportedly set for 2013 release
- Facebook and HTC reportedly prepping a smartphone that could debut in mid-2013
- Android Community
- HTC rumored to make another ‘Facebook Phone’ in 2013
- HTC Giving The Facebook Phone Another Go? Coming 2013 [Rumors]
- Android Guys
- Facebook working with HTC on a new device, launch in 2013?