The annual Consumer Reports cell phone carrier ratings are out, and this year is no different than the last one in that AT&T has been ranked as the worst carrier overall out of the U.S. Big Four--a group which includes Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon Wireless. Speaking of which, Verizon this year had the honor of being the number one cell phone carrier in the U.S., getting the top overall score in terms of customer support and voice and data service quality.
What Else You Need To Know
- The same report ranks AT&T's 4G LTE network highly, and says that those who are looking to save some money may opt to get a pre-paid phone and pay more upfront instead, then wait for the long term savings to roll in eventually.h
Remember, though – the results are based solely on customer satisfaction surveys, and not on any type of run-down of actual statistics for the carriers. This means that your mileage may vary on these carriers, and others, in comparison to the report.- Dustin Karnes, Android Guys
Consumer Reports Survey Again Reveals That It Won't Be on AT&T's Christmas Card List
That’s the same overall conclusion the magazine has been coming to for a while now.
- AT&T again deemed America’s worst carrier by Consumer Reports, Verizon tops list
- Phone Arena
Consumer Reports ranks AT&T U.S. worst carrier, Verizon leads the way
There are two things Consumer Reports has been widely known for recently. First is not liking the iPhone and second is not liking AT&T.
- Mobile Burn
AT&T is the worst carrier in the U.S., says Consumer Reports ratings
This is the third consecutive year in which AT&T has earned that dishonor; however, AT&T can actually be somewhat happy about its latest embarrassment.
Consumer Reports ranks AT&T last among US carriers, Verizon first
The shift in attitudes about smartphone plans comes at a time when major carriers continue to lag behind consumer demand. The stronghold of carriers like Verizon and AT&T on the US mobile market will loosen as consumers search for better deals on monthly service.
- Business Insider SAI
Consumer Reports Ranks AT&T As The Worst Carrier (T, VZ, S, DT)
In Consumer Reports' annual report on cell phone carriers, AT&T has once again ranked the lowest in customer satisfaction.
- Everything iCafe
AT&T Ranked Bottom Carrier By Consumer Reports. Again.
Consumer Reports also mentioned that prepay plans are often a remarkably good deal for smartphone users — assuming you’re not tied to a contract, which I believe most of us are.
- Android Community
Verizon praised by Consumer Reports; AT&T only given credit for LTE
For prepaid, Consumer Reports favors the smaller, regional carries. Consumer Reports cites better deals and monthly savings as a primary reason for going with prepaid. For prepaid, US Cellular takes the top spot, with Credo Mobile in second place; if you’re not in the coverage of either, Verizon is in third place.
- 9to5 Mac
Verizon tops Consumer Reports’ carrier survey, but AT&T does better for 4G service
Consumer Reports just published its annual ratings report on wireless carriers, and the general consensus is that the Big Four tend to promise a lot—but their customer satisfaction scores prove they struggle to deliver.
- AT&T still at bottom of Consumer Reports rankings, but boasts best 4G network
- iPhone Download Blog
- Consumer Reports: AT&T has the best 4G LTE, worst voice and data service quality
- Android Guys
- Consumer Reports releases mobile carrier rankings: AT&T worst, Verizon best
- Consumer Reports Says Verizon Top National Carrier, AT&T Worst
- iPhone Hacks
- Consumer Reports: AT&T Is The Worst U.S. Carrier But Has The Best 4G Network
- Consumer Reports Names Verizon #1 Carrier, With AT&T In Last Place
- Consumer Reports Ranks Verizon Best U.S. Carrier, AT&T As Worst
- Droid Life
- Consumer Reports Puts Verizon in First Place, AT&T Bringing Up The Rear
- Android and Me
- Consumer Reports ranks AT&T worst, Verizon best, carriers in the US
- Into Mobile
- AT&T rated low by Consumer Reports, Consumer Cellular the best