In the latest Consumer Reports rankings of smartphones, the Samsung Galaxy S4 flagship tops the list, besting out old favorites like the iPhone 5. The Galaxy S4 outranked other flagships with the LG Optimus G, HTC One, the Galaxy S3, and the Apple iPhone 5 completing the top five. "The S4 delivered top-notch performance in the most critical areas of our tests", the publication says. The device was lauded for its Full HD Super AMOLED display, camera capabilities, the gesture and eye-tracking navigation, as well as the sharing and multitasking capabilities of the phone. Some of the weaknesses rated on the device include video quality, mediocre call quality, and battery life.
What Else You Need To Know
- The device was recently selected by Google as an alternative to the Internet giant's traditional Nexus-branded phone called the Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Edition, or the Nexus Edition.
- Consumer Reports noted that notwithstanding the top-notch features, Samsung didn’t make the device overly complicated.
- Samsung has arranged its flagship smartphone to be rolled out with a staggering 327 operators across 155 countries starting April 26th.
A lot of what gives the Galaxy S4 its stand-out ranking has to do with all the new hardware and software features that are packed into the Galaxy S4.- Chuong Nguyen, GottaBeMobile
- Phone Arena
- Consumer Reports votes Samsung Galaxy S4 as best phone of the season
- Galaxy S 4 Becomes Consumer Reports’ Top-Rated Smartphone
- The Inquirer
- Consumer Reports names Samsung's Galaxy S4 the world's best smartphone
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Out-Wows Apple
- iPhone Download Blog
- Consumer Reports ranks Galaxy S4 its new top-rated smartphone
- Consumer Reports Calls Samsung Galaxy S 4 “Top-Rated” Smartphone
- Galaxy S 4 Top-Ranked Smartphone According To New Consumer Reports Findings