The Samsung Galaxy S 4 touts a stunning eight-core Samsung Exynos 1.6GHz processor but consumers in the United States would receive a model with a 1.9GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 chip instead. Regardless, the Galaxy S4 with a Snapdragon 600 chip is doubling the iPhone 5's benchmark scores. Primate Labs apparently did Geekbench benchmarking on five high-end phones and here are the scores: Galaxy S4 (3163 score), HTC One (2687), LG’s Nexus 4 (2040), Galaxy S III international version (1717) and iPhone 5 (1596). Handset comparisons by Android Authority revealed the same thing: the Galaxy S4 tops when it comes to Android handsets and is miles ahead of the BlackBerry Z10 and the iPhone 5. The Samsung Galaxy S4 will have an April 26th release date and will rollout with a staggering 327 operators across 155 countries.
What Else You Need To Know
- The Samsung Galaxy S 4 features a 5-inch Super OLED screen with a whopping 441 ppi resolution, 2GB of RAM, a removable 2600 mAh battery, humidity and temperature sensors, 13MP rear camera, 2MP front camera, NFC, 4G, and Android Jelly Bean 4.2.1 with Samsung's TouchWiz user interface.
- The Samsung GALAXY S 4′s score is more than twice that of the U.S. Samsung Galaxy S III.
- Smartphones have come a very long way: the original iPhone that was released in 2007 had a Geekbench score of 130.
The Galaxy S4 has some really decent hardware under the hood, as well as an assortment of software upgrades. I can’t wait to see how the international Exynos 5 Octa model performs against its U.S. counterpart.- Robert Triggs, Android Authority
- Samsung Galaxy S4 gets the early benchmark treatment, first scores are average
- Download AnTuTu Benchmark for Android 3.2.1
- Fone Arena
- Xolo X1000 Benchmarks
- Samsung Galaxy S 4 Benchmarked: Serious Power, Dim Display
- Phone Arena
- Samsung Galaxy S 4 benchmark tests (video)
- Geeky Gadgets
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Benchmarks (Video)
- Mobile Syrup
- Canadian Samsung Galaxy S4 powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor, still destroys benchmarks
- U.S. Galaxy S4 vs HTC One vs NVIDIA Tegra 4 fight in early benchmark comparison
- GALAXY S 4 Scores High in Benchmarks Even with Snapdragon 600 Inside
- Galaxy S4 takes pole position in our benchmark comparison
- iPhone Hacks
- Early Benchmarks Reveal Samsung Galaxy S4 Twice as Fast as iPhone 5
- Android Community
- Samsung GALAXY S 4 doubles iPhone 5′s benchmark scores