AT&T announced that preorders for the Samsung Galaxy S4 will open April 16th. Samsung's newest flagship device will be available for $249.99 on a two-year contract -- making the device a full $50 pricier than other carrier-subsidized flagships BlackBerry Z10 and the Apple iPhone 5. AT&T didn't announce a delivery date although Samsung did previously say that the Android device would be available in the U.S. in the second quarter. T-Mobile recently revealed that it plans to offer the Galaxy S4 starting May 1st, but it's not clear if it means that the date refers to preorders or availability in stores.
What Else You Need To Know
- Investing Analytics says the Samsung Galaxy S4 received around 440,000 tweets and the iPhone 5 had 2.4 million during launch, although 81% of the Galaxy S4 tweets were positive, compared to just 73% for the iPhone 5.
- The Samsung Galaxy S4 features a 5-inch Super OLED screen with a whopping 441 ppi resolution, 1.9GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 CPU (U.S. version) or eight-core Samsung Exynos 1.6GHz CPU (international version), 2GB of RAM, a removable 2600 mAh battery, 13MP and 2MP cameras, NFC, 4G, and Android Jelly Bean 4.2.1 with Samsung's TouchWiz user interface and "Smart" software.
- While AT&T, Sprint and Verizon are offering subsidized devices on a two-year contract (e.g. iPhone 5 at $199 upfront), T-Mobile recently announced new unsubsidized and no-contract plans, where customers have the option to pay full price up-front or spread the cost over 24 months with installment plans (iPhone 5 at $99 plus $20 payments for 24 months).
The pricing is a bit higher than we had expected, considering Samsung's biggest rival Apple sells the iPhone 5 starting at $199.99 with a two-year contract.- Steve Kovach, Alley Insidier
- Samsung Galaxy S4 preorders start at AT&T on April 16th for $249.99
- The Galaxy S4 Will Be Available For Pre-Order On AT&T April 16 For $250 (T)
- Mobility Digest
- AT&T Pre-orders For Samsung Galaxy S4 Begin April 16th
- Mobile Crunch
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Pre-Sales Start At AT&T On April 16, Priced At $249.99 On 2-Year Agreement
- Dialed In
- Galaxy S4 priced at $249.99 with contract at AT&T
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Tweets More Positive than iPhone 5 Launch
- Galaxy S4 preorders begin at AT&T on April 16th for $250
- AT&T opens Galaxy S4 pre-orders on April 16th, priced at $250 on contract
- Droid Life
- Pre-orders for AT&T’s Samsung Galaxy S4 Start April 16 for $249.99