AT&T has introduced 4G LTE network coverage to 9 new areas in the US and has revealed plans to add up to 40 other locations its network's list of covered places by the end of 2012. As of this morning, AT&T's 4G LTE network is live in the following locations: Anchorage, Alaska Bakersfield, California Bridgeport, Connecticut Jacksonville, Florida Modesto, California Omaha, Nebraska Syracuse, New York NYC-NJ expansion, and DC-Baltimore expansion.
What Else You Need To Know
- There is ongoing speculation that this move by AT&T was done with the intention of attracting new customers upon next week's launching of the new Apple iPhone.
The carrier will make a huge dent by the end of 2012 as it has also announced a number of new markets that will see 4G LTE service by the end of the year.- Adam Mills, GottaBeMobile
- Apple Insider
AT&T expands 4G LTE coverage to 9 new markets, 40 more coming in 2012
AT&T on Thursday announced it has expanded its high-speed 4G long-term evolution coverage into 9 new areas of the U.S., with 40 more markets coming before the end of 2012.
- Android Police
AT&T Rolls Out 4G LTE In 7 Cities, Bringing It To Another 40 By The End Of 2012
The list is a fairly long one, so let's start with the 7 cities that are waking up with 4G LTE today.
- Phone Arena
- AT&T brings 4G LTE to 9 new markets, LTE will light up in 40 more by end-2012
- Mobile Burn
- AT&T 4G LTE launches in 12 new markets, coming soon to dozens more
- Android Guys
- AT&T 4G LTE goes live in 7 markets, dozens more expected in 2012
- Dialed In
AT&T's latest LTE expansion brings city total to 60
The national carrier launches 4G LTE in seven new markets and expands in two more.
- AT&T Adds 4G LTE Coverage, Gives Users a Reason to Buy AT&T Phone 5